x

Can anyone pls tell me why I can only do manual transaction with my 4G

Can anyone please tell my why I can only accept manual payments when using my 4G network on smart phone? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Natashablack,

Thanks for getting in touch. Square can process card transactions with any stable internet connection - local wifi or mobile 4G/3G.

If you're not able to process card transactions when connected to wifi, you may be on an overcrowded network. Most commonly we see issues when merchants are using shared wifi at events, venues or in shopping center - these networks are often overcrowded and slow. If you can tell me a little more about your situation it may provide a few more clues as to what the issue may be! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi there thank you. It works perfectly with wifi but with my 4G it doesn’t work and I can only do manual transactions 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Natashablack,

Ooops, looks like I interpreted your enquiry back to front!

Again though, the issue here is likely internet connectivity related - eg a weaker mobile signal vs a stronger wifi signal - but without being able to look into your account and operating environment, it's a little difficult to isolate. I recommend giving our support team a call on 1800 760 137 to discuss this further. Lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Melbourne time.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4