x

Can purchasers/consumers create SquareUp accounts or only sellers?

Greetings,

Stupid question, can I as a purchaser create a SquareUp account or is creating a SU account only ever for sellers?

If the latter, then how do I as a purchaser go about unlinking/relinking emails and credit cards associated in SU? Is there some sort of SU Purchaser Account? This would also help me see the list of my transactions as a purchaser?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kave

Great question! Anyone can create an account with Square to be a seller. As of right now, there isn't a way to look at all of your purchases as the buyer. This would be along the lines of the feature request. I completely understand how beneficial this would be for the customers of our sellers. I have moved this to our Feature Request board for our Product Team to see. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Kassi,

Yes, a feature request (Purchaser Dashboard/Editable Profile) would be great. I as a Square purchaser have little control or insight into how Square sees me as a purchaser, how I might update my notification profile, and what my purchases look like in a holistic view (dashboard).

My guess is Square is designed not to allow a purchaser to have this kind of insight. Too much knowledge/control might equal fewer purchases.

Best,

Keith

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@kave

Appreciate the feedback, Keith! I will pass this along. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4