x

Can’t access customer cards?!?!

Can someone please help? With the last software update for some reason all of a sudden I can’t access the e-gift cards on file for customers via their name or phone number. It keeps asking me to enter the number manually.

I have never has this issue since e gift cards started. I’ve always been able to look them up by the persons name, phone number or email. And then it would the list the gift cards they had purchased and linked to their profile and then charge them that way. 

Support says that it is an issue for people with multiple cards on file?? But it was never an issue before. And I have MANY customers who have multiple gift cards because I continually do promotions at my restaurant for discounted gift card sales and people will stock up and buy numerous ones for themselves, for people in their office or their kids (my restaurant is next to a college).

I ended up giving away over $30 in food because a woman had a gift card on file, and didn’t have her phone with her when she came to pick up her food. So she didn’t have the email. And I didn’t have a way to see her gift card on file.

Even when you register the gift card on the square website it advertises you can leave the gift card number at home and just access it with your phone number when you show up in person. But somehow now that option doesn’t work if you buy more than one?! 

Someone please help. I’m going to have a lot of upset customers if I can’t access their method of payments that they have been using this way since e-gift cards started.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0