x
Beta Member

Can’t extend my domain

I didn’t extend my domain before the due date but I am able to extend it up until the payment loads and then the site crashes. I can’t work without my website! Someone help please 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @artistrybyal, thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're running into this.

Do you know what date your expiration was? The domain service always attempts renewal approximately 45 days early to ensure that it renews successfully (before actual expiration). If the payment doesn’t process successfully, then that would grant you plenty of buffer time to update the payment details so you avoid having your site suddenly go offline.

The domain doesn’t actually expire until the anniversary date of the purchase. Depending on if you missed this gap or not, you should be still able to update your payment method, however, if you exceeded the 45 days, your domain will be offline. 

If so, your domain has possibly entered Redemption Grace Period (RGP) in its lifecycle after being expired for a long time, and you'll need to gain control of it again. You can learn more about the domain lifecycle and RGP on the ICANN website here.

If you try to renew your plan with a different browser or device and if the crashing continues, please contact Square Support as soon as possible to check the next best steps here. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content