x

Can the customers who place an Online Store order be added to the Customer Directory automatically?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original:Convert contacts from Orders into Customers]

Does anyone know how to automatically save contact info from Orders into Customers? 

Message 1 of 10
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Convert contacts from Orders into Customers

Thank you for sharing that link @ndb_bakery! You're right - customers can now enrol in a Square Loyalty program when making a purchase from your Online Store. This thread has a bit more detail about using Square Loyalty with all Square Online Store.

Also to answer @CoastBeer's original question - when a customer places an order from your online Online Store and enters their email address they'll be be added to the Collected Emails group in your Customer Directory.

Thanks for your patience while we worked to add these features! 

1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @CoastBeer-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Great question.

We have yet to launch a way to sync your Customer Directory with the information collected from Square Online Store orders. In the meantime, you would have to manually add or import their information into the Customer Directory.

We're working on integrating the Square Online Store order system with Loyalty and Directory programs. We'll make sure to post an update in this thread when we have one.   

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Excited for this! Our online store has been busy during COVID and I was just thinking about adding loyalty.... please do let us know when loyalty is added!! 

Message 3 of 10
Square Community Moderator

We definitely will, @ndb_bakery! We love your enthusiasm, and we will reach back out as soon as we have more info to share.

Cheers! 🍻

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

Best Answer
Message 5 of 10
Admin

Thank you for sharing that link @ndb_bakery! You're right - customers can now enrol in a Square Loyalty program when making a purchase from your Online Store. This thread has a bit more detail about using Square Loyalty with all Square Online Store.

Also to answer @CoastBeer's original question - when a customer places an order from your online Online Store and enters their email address they'll be be added to the Collected Emails group in your Customer Directory.

Thanks for your patience while we worked to add these features! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

Great! Thanks!

I am also a little confused it says the loyalty program doesn't work with categories so I assume we wouldn't be able to set it up that way anyway.....

How does it work.... just points for every purchase?

Message 7 of 10
Admin

That's correct. At this time, if you've set up your Loyalty progam to allow customers to earn points when purchasing from a specific category - they won't see the Loyalty program details when trying to make the same purchase from your Online Store. Customers can earn points per visit, per amount spent, or per item.

We're working to resolve this and I'll update this thread to let you know when this feature is added. Thanks for your patience with this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

👍 AWESOME! Thank you @Helen for the clarification -- I think we will be signing back up, online store orders and earning rewards is looking like something we need to be doing to bring customers back even more. I'll be standing by for the updates. Thanks again

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Sounds good - you're very welcome! 😊

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 10