x
Beta Member

Can ungroup items in Restaurant but can't then split them to new check>

Using Restaurant

Function was added to "upgroup" items, but after you "ungroup" you still can't split the items they all move to the new check.

What I mean is a table order 4 burgers, server adds a burger then changes the quantity to 4, (makes it easiest for kitchen as it's just 1 line of ticket) then the customers ask for separate checks, you can ungroup the 4 burgers so they  now as 4 separate items.  But when you go to split them they all move together?  Seems pointless to be able to ungroup them if you then can't split them to new checks?

Right now when this happens we have to void the original 4 burgers and re-ring them separate a huge pain in the #@#, as now multiple tickets for both void and reorder getting sent with don't makes.  Makes what should have make the system more efficient way less efficient. 

Anyone else have this problem or a better fix? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Thanks for your question, @Long-View-Lodge!

That doesn't sound like it's working like it should. Can you get screenshots or a video of the steps you are taking? If this is a bug it will help us get that fixed.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for posting this video @Long-View-Lodge. I shared it with our Restaurants Team to see if I can get some insight as to what may be happening. I'll loop back with you here once I hear from them.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4