x

Can we send a welcome message to a new customer?

I would like very much to send a welcome message to my new customers.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @acupuncture, great question!

It sounds like Square Customer Engagement would be the best fit for you. You'll want to take a look at the email marketing option.

Specifically, we've created a "Welcome new customers" email campaign which will automatically send an email to clients within 24 hours of their first visit. You can customize the text and even add a coupon that they can use with their next session.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions. 📧💨👍

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9

I should point out that you can only send a welcome email with a promotion. That is, you must offer a coupon for a future visit to use the feature. We considered switching to another vendor because of this limitation.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

@songSister, yes — you're correct! I could have been a bit more clear about the coupon— thanks for catching that.

Rest assured that I'm sharing your feedback with our product liaison team. Thank you for your patience and please don't hesitate to reply with any other insight. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 9

Same here, was definitely going to roll out a full Square customer engagement campaign, but the forced options (such as a welcome coupon) in all of the templates are a deal breaker for us.  Disappointingly restrictive for such a thoughfully designed marketing tool.

Message 5 of 9

Hello @andrewghayes, let me be the first to say welcome to the Seller Community! 🎊

Currently, the welcome new customer campaign does require a coupon for the automated email campaign. We will make sure to pass your experience along to our product team.

If any changes are made, I will make sure to update the thread! 😀

Message 6 of 9

Is this still the case? That a coupon is required? I had the campaign all set up (without a coupon) and it never sent to any of my new clients. I contacted support and they told me it was because I hadn't sent it to anyone. Um, thought it was automated. Is this the reason? No coupon?

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @styliststef

There are some auto-mated options when it comes to sending Marketing emails, but a welcome email is not a specific option. 

Most options don't require a coupon. I would recommend the automated options to save you some work on your end. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 9

I did use the automated option.  It never sent to anyone and when I reached out to support I was told it was because I hadn't manually sent it to anyone.  That was so ridiculous I gave up.

Message 9 of 9