x

Can you add money from your linked bank account to your Square Card ?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Linking your bank account

When linking a bank account can you use your funds from bank to your square debit card?

Also if the bank account is linked do you have to deposit your square funds or can you just keep on your square debit card?

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

No, you cannot transfer funds to your Square Debit card account, even if you have a linked bank account.  Having a linked bank account allows you to transfer funds from your Debit account to your bank account, but not in the other direction.

As for your second question, you will be able to make an Instant Deposit of available funds from your Square card to your bank account at the cost of 1% of the deposit, or a free Next Day deposit.  However, you are not required to transfer those funds, just keep in mind that funds left in the Card account are not currently FDIC protected and they don't accrue interest.

Here's a link to Square's Debit Card site where you'll find answers to all your questions.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

No, you cannot transfer funds to your Square Debit card account, even if you have a linked bank account.  Having a linked bank account allows you to transfer funds from your Debit account to your bank account, but not in the other direction.

As for your second question, you will be able to make an Instant Deposit of available funds from your Square card to your bank account at the cost of 1% of the deposit, or a free Next Day deposit.  However, you are not required to transfer those funds, just keep in mind that funds left in the Card account are not currently FDIC protected and they don't accrue interest.

Here's a link to Square's Debit Card site where you'll find answers to all your questions.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 16

Awesome thank you

Message 3 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

You are very welcome.

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 16

Greetings. I was wondering if it was possible to transfer money to my square card from my personal bank account.

Message 5 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Earthkeeper! Good to hear from you again!

I've gone ahead and merged your post with another thread of Sellers who were also curious about this. I will reference this Best Answer from @GlassJudy for clarity on this feature.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Cheers! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 16

Thank You for your help.... )O(

Message 7 of 16

@Earthkeeper 😎📈🙌

Joe
Message 8 of 16

You can definetley add money. I add money to my square debit card from my linked bank account all the time. you click on balance, then when the balance page opens up you click on the actual balance and a pop up opens that says add money from your linked debit card or transfer money to your square card. its that simple.

Message 9 of 16

How long does the transfer take?

Message 10 of 16

Hi @MandBEthereal - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

All Square merchants start with our standard transfer schedule. With this schedule, funds are usually transferred within 36 hours or 1-2 business days of a transaction. Learn more about our standard transfer schedule and review daily transfer times here.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 11 of 16

Can I use my square card to access funds in my linked bank account that has successfully been verifi

Message 12 of 16
Alumni

Hi @Plenty666, and welcome to the Community! 😊 I've moved your post here so you can see the answer dropped in by @GlassJudy - this should help clarify how your Square Card works in a bit more detail.

Valentina
Message 13 of 16

YES, you can add money from you linked bank account!

In Just 2 Easy Steps

From the balance page select add money and it enter the amount you desire to transfer from your bank account to you Square card.

Currently there is no fee for this service and transfers instantly.

Message 14 of 16

I want to change my bank account number that is tied to my square.

Message 15 of 16

No worries, @sfelkner, we'd be happy to help!

You can use these steps to link and edit your bank account from either your online Square Dashboard or directly from your Square app.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 16 of 16