x

Can you adjust a credit card order?

I have customers that call back and add to there order but I am not able to adjust the credit card. I took the order over the phone and don't want to have to call them back and ask for there information again, especially when we are busy. Is there a way to work around this?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You cannot adjust a transaction once it's been finalized.  It sounds like you'd want to look into keeping customers' cards on file, although running transactions with their card on file are subject to higher fees.

Something else to look into would be using Open Tickets, meaning you don't immediately process their transactions, but this may not be appropriate for your business.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You cannot adjust a transaction once it's been finalized.  It sounds like you'd want to look into keeping customers' cards on file, although running transactions with their card on file are subject to higher fees.

Something else to look into would be using Open Tickets, meaning you don't immediately process their transactions, but this may not be appropriate for your business.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 6

What if we charged the wrong amount. It would be convenient to reopen the ticket and make the changes. My tickets are not settled until the end of the day. So technically they are not finalized. This is a problem because people are not perfect and make mistakes. As of right now, I am going to have my delivery driver charge the card in person and not charge the person over the phone. This way we pay less in fees and have more time to adjust the order if necessary. 

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

I used the word 'finalized' in the Square sense - a transaction is finalized as soon as the customer signs and either requests a receipt or doesn't want one.

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 6

I under charged a client at a trade show. I have attempted to contact them through facebook but they're not on it. I only charged 2.76. It was supposed to be 276.00. Is there any way to recharged the correct amount? Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Bentley and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to one of the existing threads that answers this question. 

You aren't able to adjust/edit a sale once it's been completed as explained in the Best Answer above. You'd need to contact the customer again to charge the remaining balance. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6