x
Beta Member

Can you change the name of the person who made the sale on the transaction?

Hi! I was wondering if there was a way to change the name of the person who made a sale on a transaction. One of my employees accidentally ran some transactions under my name ID and so now both of our sales reports are off. I really need to solve this issue so we can run accurate reports. Even if it can be changed only under a password or something. I can not be the only one requesting this if there isn't already a way to change it. Please help so I can run accurate sales reports!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

You can not change the name on a transaction after the fact on Square's site or app.  You may be able to change it in the reports you download from your sales/transactions reports https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions.  this will only affect this spreadsheet and not affect the data on Square's servers though.

Message 2 of 5

I’m having the same issue since my employees are paid by commission. The only way I could do it is do a return by hate having all those returns. It sounds like it would be an easy fix

Message 3 of 5

I totally agree I’m having the same issue. It’s Christmas time and people are bringing things up fast and not always putting in the correct sales person. And it’s causing issues amongst my employees. Did anybody get a good solution?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi Keris,

I understand your frustration about not having this feature available yet. As a workaround, you could require your team to enter a password after each sale. In your point of sale, select ≡ More. Tap Settings > Security > Passcodes > toggle Passcodes on. Under Require passcode, select After each sale and/or When backing out of a sale. 

Message 5 of 5