x

Can you disable Paypal as a form of payment on the online store?

If I do an online store upgrade, will I be able to disable PayPal as a form of payment?
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you have the choice of whether or not to have Paypal as one of your payment providers on a paid plan.

Square is your payment provider.  Paypal is just an option.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

HI, if you upgrade, you would need to activate it and link your credentials for it to work.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 9

Hi, so I would have to accept it as a form of payment?  To be clear, I don't want to use it. PayPal has my accounts frozen due to an unauthorized charge I had back in October and I am unable to pay for anything or accept payments now, even after trying to have it reconciled ever since.

Message 3 of 9

Best Answer

HI, you have the choice of whether or not to have Paypal as one of your payment providers on a paid plan.

Square is your payment provider.  Paypal is just an option.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 9

Hi, thank you so much!

Message 5 of 9

I am trying to disable PayPal but I don't see where it is an option to choose it or not.  

Message 6 of 9

HI, to understand you already have Paypal on your account and you just want to turn it off?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 7 of 9

How do I turn off Paypal? 

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @EEdesignteam,

If you have PayPal connected, but you no longer want to use it for your site, you would need to follow the following steps :

1 ) From your Square Online dashboard, you will need to click on the Settings drop-down and choose Checkout

2 ) On the Checkout page, you just need to scroll down to where the PayPal option is. There will be a disconnect button, you just click that to disconnect it from your account!

Just a note, this will remove the currently connected PayPal account, so if you want to use it again in the future you will need to follow those steps but press Connect. 

If you follow these steps and the PayPal option says "Connect" instead of "Disconnect", this means that there is not a connected account and PayPal is not an option your customers see at checkout. Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! We are happy to have you! 😊🥳

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9