x

Can you set a holiday employee hourly rate?

I am wondering if there is a way to set a hourly payrate differently for a holiday.  We offer time and a half on holidays but I don't see an option to set this up other than the normal hourly rate on my employees.

Message 1 of 20
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Holiday Employee hourly rate

Currently, there isn't an option to set an hourly holiday pay rate @ForeverFitBody. This is a feature our product team is working on, but we don't have a timeline for when it'll be available!

In the meantime, you can use the Additional Pay column to give your employees a bonus when they work a holiday.

Thanks for your post! If you have any more questions let me know. 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi,

I just added an extra job to each employee and named it holiday and set a rate to pay the employee.  When I run their payroll, I change their job title for that day to holiday.  It works for me.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Admin

Currently, there isn't an option to set an hourly holiday pay rate @ForeverFitBody. This is a feature our product team is working on, but we don't have a timeline for when it'll be available!

In the meantime, you can use the Additional Pay column to give your employees a bonus when they work a holiday.

Thanks for your post! If you have any more questions let me know. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 20

OK thanks for the tip!  I will play around with that.

Message 3 of 20

Do you know when this feature would be available? Using the "Additional Pay" column tax different the employee than the regular hours column. Thanks!

Message 4 of 20
Admin

Thanks for checking in @WeCaterInNYC! No updates yet but you can either use Additional column as mentioned above or you can pay your employees a different rate for the holidays. The steps to pay a team member multiple pay rates are in this Support Center article. I hope this help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 20

Any updates? 

Message 6 of 20
Admin

Hi @TheJosh! I checked in and there aren't any updates we can relay on this particular feature request. Appreciate you checking in!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 20

Hey all,  Thanks for reading and any insight in advance.  I added payroll to square and need to knnow how to add vacation and holiday to the hours and timecards.  Not 100% sure how or where to find it but I have spent over an hour looking and nothing making sense.

Thank you for any pointers.

Message 8 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PBS4223

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as another Payroll seller was looking for information around holiday pay. 

It's not an available feature at the moment, but you can use the "Additional Pay" column to help with this. 

Message 9 of 20

Best Answer

Hi,

I just added an extra job to each employee and named it holiday and set a rate to pay the employee.  When I run their payroll, I change their job title for that day to holiday.  It works for me.

Message 10 of 20
Admin

Thanks @PawTender1! I marked your reply as the Best Answer so that other sellers can find this great workaround! 

also wanted to add that if you're using Square Timecards your team can select that job when clocking in/out. 

Thanks again! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 20
Beta Member

4 years after the OP and this still isn’t available? This is a super basic payroll feature for when you want to pay someone for a certain number of hours that a) they didn’t actually work but b) should not be counted against their PTO/sick pay. Really silly to make employers find workarounds for this. 

Are there any updates to an ETA for this feature? I’m going to need to use this soon, and I’d like the pay to officially show up as Holiday for reporting.

Message 12 of 20

Hi @TheParlour-Yoni,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know this is something you're still hoping we improve. I understand your frustration not having an update on this. While we don't have any news to share at the moment, or an ETA on when, or if this might be released, we're still advocating for the feature requests we receive here. However, we don't generally find out about new releases until the same time you do! If you're curious about how feature requests are developed in the Seller Community, take a look at this article

Message 13 of 20
Beta Member

Holiday pay in a restaurant/retail setting is as basic a feature as it gets. This request was made 5 years ago, and there's not even an "update" on when it might be implemented?

Message 14 of 20

What's the status of this feature? Just moved to Square Payroll as of 10/1 and the thought of having to manually enter and track a separate holiday rate for each employee is nauseating when it could be done very easily. No I don't want to have to create a separate pay rate for each employee when it comes to holiday. There is already a PTO and Sick Leave; create a Holiday feature for all Federal holidays and allow companies to select which days to participate in or add their own. Every basic payroll service other than Square Payroll. Gather the engineers up and knock this feature out in a day and stop focusing on crypto for the moment. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Message 15 of 20
Beta Member

Square Team - still no ability to enter holiday pay??  I don't want this counted towards PTO (separate job title) nor do I want to calculate using 'additional pay.'

Message 16 of 20

Hey there, @smokestackroast -

Thank you for reaching out for an update on this Payroll Feature Request.

I don't have any new information to share, but I can add your post to the ongoing request with our Product Team. 

Once there is information available, one of our Community Moderators will post a Product Update with all of the details. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 17 of 20

I can't believe there is no way to pay an employee Holiday Pay! I don't what a separate hourly rate just the option to add all the yearly holidays to payroll so it will automatically add to the employee's pay.

Tiffany Bauer
Message 18 of 20

Thanks for adding your feedback, @trbauer, I understand your frustration. While we don't have an update to share at the moment, we'll highlight this feature request with our team and will update this thread with any news. 

Message 19 of 20
Beta Member

Still cannot believe this isn't added to payroll yet. I want my employees to SEE the Holiday pay we offer, as it is a benefit they should realize. Why hasn't this been added yet???

Disappointed

Message 20 of 20