x
Beta Member

Captcha for Square login Sucks

This is about Captcha. Really hate it. Why should a Square member be training a robot for free? Please remove this stale old and annoying login technology from Square Login.  Square is innovative and fresh, stop the frustration of login with old Captcha or let us know what the kick-back amount is from that company & share it with Square members. 

@members

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I've noticed it's not always there for me when I login. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my location when I'm trying to login and it's possibly flagging me as potential spam. I know once in awhile I'll be blocked from the Hermes website because it thinks I'm a bot (on my phone) but it works fine on my laptop. Wondering if this is the same deal.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

reply in Community Discussions on 08-01-2022 01:06 PM:

Re: Captcha for Square login Sucks

Whatever the perk is for Square to be using cheesy CAPTCHA; it doesn't add a fraction of the security that other solutions provide. To your point and user experience another question: Why does Square need to know your location at the time of login?

Action:
It's time the Square team addresses the community input. Everyone is tired of training CAPTCHA; if their technology was any good they'd know... what a fire hytrant looked like by now.

Allow me to frame the ridiculousness of Square.com using the cheesiest app like CAPTCHA as a security solution:

Square is a premiere accounting, billing, and banking service which offers onsite devices allowing merchants to immediately complete online transactions with customers. Typically banks and those top payment systems competing with Square, have a fraction of Square's offerings.
Yet those payment systems use effective identity solutions like:

• Asking 1 or 2 security questions after the login.

Or

• Sending a token to an email or associated contact number. These are the types of solutions Square could and should deploy. Not only for their merchants; it would be an upgrade to their brand. Think about that, why would Square risk their brand & be associated with old security technology from 22 years ago?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @SeedGal. I definitely understand your feedback. Our Accounts team is looking for ways to improve the security of our Sellers as you are able to see. They have now switched to recommending Two Step Verification in hopes that this alleviates the frustration that CAPTCHA has caused. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4