x

Cardholder Name on Transaction Report?

Is there a reason that cardholder names aren't automatically included in transaction reports?

Is there a toggle setting I'm missing? 

If not, this seems like a significant deficit on the reporting imho. I'm used to the detailed reporting that Stripe provides.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @adamscott,

As part of our privacy policy, Square doesn't display customer names alongside transactional information. You can save this information with the consent of your customers though, via your customer directory.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Thanks for your reply, Seamus.

Have you considered revising your policy so that it is in line with the industry? This is standard reporting. 

Other providers have listened on this front (i.e. Stripe).

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @adamscott,

I'll pass on your feedback, but I can't make any guarantees this will change unfortuantely!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8

We have people pay their club fees using Square and i would like to have their names appear on the transaction reports otherwise we do not have a record of who paid what.

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @BAZZA,

While Square doesn't capture any personal details when you make a transaction, you can record a customer's details and add them to a transaction for record keeping manually, with the customer's permission!

Read more about how to do this on our support centre 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8

When customising a Transaction report, it would be great to be able to add a field "notes" into the report (this could include names or whatever information you have added into the notes field when taking payment).

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello @ShowClown,

I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 

The Transaction Details export includes notes that have been added to your Sales as well. To download this report, head to Transactions > Export > Item Detail CSV

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with questions, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Message 8 of 8