x

Cash vs accrual method

Question for Canadian users.

How have you made square work with invoicing since it is only a cash, and not accrual method for daily sales?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

I'm not sure if i understand correctly your question but i'm also finding kind of weird that an invoice is compilated when the payment is received. An invoice should be compilated the day or the date you decide and when the payment arrives, it arrives that's it... 

Message 2 of 6

Yes. That's the problem. It creates a complication with inventory as well as daily sales. Canadian law requires Accrual method so it requires lots more accounting for reporting for things like paying GST etc.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Ok, yes i was switching to square and realize this. I stopped using square invoice immediately because of this and using a free invoice software for now. It should be fix or i won't use it. Kind of sad as this system answer almost all my needs.

Another problem i got is when someone or when you want that someone pay you by cheque or cash or interac transfer, you are forced to ship the invoice with a preselected credit card option or at least a gift card option. The work around is to check only the gift card option as no enterprise that make buisness with me will understand the giftcard option and then link bank info in the file attachment. 

Can we make it at least 2 steps? Sending the credit card form after if the client absolutely want it?

I understand that Square money come from credit card transaction, but that's so annoying.

Would it be possible to add an option to charge the fees to the client if he really want to pay by credit card. I don't know... On big invoice, that's a lot that we loose... As why i use another system also...

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Maybe that could be ask as a feature request? anyone? 

- Being able to set ourselves a date on the invoice?

- Being able to modify the date in the edit option to resend the corrected invoice?

- Default date would be invoice creation date?

And if you want : 

- being able to "not check" a payment/charge method at first sending?

- Option to charge the fee to the clients?

What else?

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Any update on this? I have sold inventory that is not reported and can't make automatic inventory report as i'm forced to by the government. Same thing again about reporting : need accrual method to be an option. Custom field feature is not an obligation, accrual method is legally required.

Message 6 of 6