x
Beta Member

Catering

We cater a party for 50 people. All food orders will be taken and printed out. However, the total payment will be collected at the end of the evening and paid by credit card. How do I process this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Open Tickets might work. Create one running ticket for all food orders then Save the ticket after each person places their order. Configure your printer to print Open Tickets so each order is sent to your kitchen for prep. 

At the end of the night, open the ticket and collect payment. @Yolande

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

OK so I save the names, i just did a test. So where do I go to select all 50 names (in this case) and see the total to collect payment? Thanks for your help so far, Justin!

Yolande

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@Yolande 

For your situation create one running ticket. Example:

John orders a cheeseburger - add the burger to the ticket and hit save so it prints to the kitchen. Open the same ticket to add Jane's hotdog order, then his save so Jane's order prints in the kitchen. You won't be able to add names to each other on one ticket tho. 

At the end, open the running ticket that includes John, Jane and everyone else's order to collect payment. 

Although doable, I think creating individual tickets for John and Jane will get cumbersome because you'll have to process separate payments to close each ticket. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4