x

Certain discounts not showing up in Reports

Throughout the year we give out a fair few gift cards as donations.  I created a discount called "comp" to apply a 100% discount at the sale of the gift card.  We're new to Square (have been using the registers for a month now); in this time, I know I have used the "comp" discount on at least two gift cards.  In reports, under discounts it shows the comp discount but shows no discounts applied.  Why isn't this discount showing up in reports? 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

On your Discount Reports on Dashboard, gift card discounts are automatically hidden columns for some reason. Click on the plus sign at the top right of the little chart to add in and see Gift Card Discounts 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @AtlanticBaking! Appreciate you posting here in the Seller Community. 🙂

That's strange. Since you created an actual discount and applied that to your gift card sales, it should absolutely be showing under your Discounts Report in the Dashboard. Probably a silly question, but are you adjusting your dates at the top to reflect when those gift cards were comped? 

If you're dotting your i's on this one and the discount still isn't showing, you may want to give our CS team a call and see if they can go through some troubleshooting.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6

I checked the discounts report for the entire month, it shows that discount as zero.  I will be giving Customer Service a call; thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

On your Discount Reports on Dashboard, gift card discounts are automatically hidden columns for some reason. Click on the plus sign at the top right of the little chart to add in and see Gift Card Discounts 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 6

Thank you @pessosices, that solved it!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Yay @AtlanticBaking! Thanks for letting us know. Big kudos to @pessosices ❤️

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6