x

How do I change countries?

How can I change my land? I'm living outside the USA. My current place is at Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Square POS can be used free for cash transactions and other transactions, but to use Square to process credit cards you must be in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom.  You can use a local credit card processor and run the sale as other in Square POS to accept credit cards and use Square POS for the rest of its features.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

Square POS can be used free for cash transactions and other transactions, but to use Square to process credit cards you must be in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom.  You can use a local credit card processor and run the sale as other in Square POS to accept credit cards and use Square POS for the rest of its features.

Message 2 of 9

I am in the UK but my account is stuck in USA mode - please help 

Message 3 of 9

please assist me in changing location away from USA\

i need a UK account please

Message 4 of 9
Admin

Hi @EmbraceMagic-

Was your Square account originally created in the US and you're visiting the UK? If that's the case, you'll want to follow @kellyj's advice here and create a new account to reflect that you're in the UK. 

Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 9

I have the same issue. But I am both physically and url (checked a couple of time before proceeding) in Australia when I signed up. When the signup got to "Let's Talk About You" bit the options were for the US... I can't find anywhere to change it.

Message 6 of 9
Admin

Hey @Brook

If you delete and reinstall the POS app and try to sign up again, does it still show the US option?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 9

I'm having the same issue here. I made my account while living in the U.S, but for some reason, my account seems to be stuck in EU mode. This is primarily an issue because of the fact I'm trying to run a store and everything is in pounds. Please help A.S.A.P!!

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @RainbowRattery

Sorry to hear you're having issues switching over your country. I want to gather some more information, so I can get the best information over to you for this situation. 

What country are you physically located in? If you made a US based account, it will only work in the US. Are you looking to move your business to an EU country or just to take payments? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9