x

Change of ownership

I recently opened an account for a non-profit organization.  I have since stepped down from my position and need to change ownership to reflect the person taking over my position.  Is it best to  just cancel the account and open up a brand new one?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hello @HTT7, thanks for your post. You're right, it is best to close the account (let the organization know) and let the new person set up a new one.

If you haven't already you can download the reports/sales history from your online Square Dashboard, and export the item library so the person taking over can upload it to their account. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 8

Thank you Helen!

Message 3 of 8
Admin

No problem! Oh and of course if the person taking over from you has any questions as they're getting started let them know the Community is here to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 8

I am in the same position. The account was opened by someone who is no longer with my business.  When will I be able to change the name on the account? Closing the account and opening a new one is not something I feel comfortable with doing.  Too many errors can happen.  

How did it go for you? 

Will this be changing? I haven’t had this challenge with any of our other accounts needing to be changed. They just required a couple documents. 

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to our Seller Community @SarahDW! We're always happy to see new faces. 

You are able to transfer ownership of an account now, but keep in mind not all accounts are eligible. You can learn more here.

If you have any questions, let me know. Thank you!

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

Hi! Thank you! Are you able to repost the link? It comes up page not found. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for letting me know, @SarahDW

I added an extra dot and it messed up the link 😅

I have edited my post above and it should work now, but here it is: https://squ.re/3JbnRr

We hope to see you around the Community! 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8