x
Beta Member

Change wording for Loyalty opt-it at the end of a transaction

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: sign-up instead of check-in

Previously on Square Register and Square Terminal at the end of the transaction when the customer enters their phone number, the button to click after entering the number said "check-in" which sometimes caused customers to not want to click it because they associated it with a social media check-in. Now that wording has changed to "sign-up" which is much worse. Now every time a customer types in their phone number for cash transactions or a new card, they then proceed to get upset with our employees because they have already "signed-up" and they think they have lost their loyalty points.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Same here. All of my customers get frustrated because they know they've already enrolled in my loyalty program. Causes confusion and tension when we have to explain over and over again that's not what that means. Sounds like a real simple fix to change the label on one screen. Anxiously waiting to hear back from somebody/anybody on this.

Message 2 of 7
Alumni

@alikat72 - thanks for bringing this to our attention. @Popper-Razzi - thanks for adding your voice as well. 

We don't intend to cause customer confusion and turn away customers from opting into the Loyalty Rewards program. 

While we can't change the button for you today, I would like to surface your feedback and frustrations to our Loyalty Product Team for future improvements. 

What would you like to change the wording to? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Sorry for the late reply. Something simple like "Continue" or "Proceed".

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@Popper-Razzi thanks or letting Justin know! I'm going to surface the feedback for him since I ran across this thread. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 5 of 7

Has anything been done about this issue? My customers are constantly asking me why they have to sign-up again when they know they are already part of our loyalty program. It would be so much easier if the button just said, "Ok."

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

I totally understand your situation @NewGrowthCafe. I will make sure to share your experience with our product team so they can take it into consideration when working on future updates.

JJ
Message 7 of 7