x

Changes to professional pricing plan?

Just noticed that the upgrade options are different. I can see there is no longer a ‘professional’ price plan available, only a ‘plus’ plan. There is nothing approaching the same price as I’ve been paying. When my plan comes for renewal, will I have to move to the ‘Plus’ plan or can I stay on Professional and keep my features? If I’m forced to move to Plus, that’s an 122% increase in price for the year!

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @Springwood1 thanks for flagging this! 

Yes, you should have received a few emails regarding this change from us over the last couple of months. 

We completely understand that this price change may affect your operations and overall business costs. This is not something our internal teams take lightly. We have never made a price increase with Square Online. But as we continue to build more advanced features, we need to make this update so we can continue investing in the product to continue helping sellers. Additionally, the free tier is not going away, so if you’d like to keep using Square Online to accept online orders, that will always be available to you at no monthly cost. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 5

I haven’t received any emails about this at all. No warning. And it is disingenuous to say prices haven’t gone up. The plan may have been the same price for 2 years, but during that time the pricing structure per sale has increased by a fixed 25p per transaction which for low priced items was a huge increase. And I understand investment is needed, but 122% increase is extortionate.

Message 3 of 5

Yes it was a shock I never got any email notification about it and I just happen to come across it by chance. If you want to keep a domain name attached and other benefits then when your professional plan ends (like mine) you would have to upgrade. 

I have until February to decide what I wish to do! So I will have to weigh up all the pros and cons and see what the outcome is. I think my main bug bare with it is that half the things I pay for on my current professional plan don't work or there is a glitch. So I currently pay for a package and some of those features don't work. 🫤

Will I regret my decision if I go for the plus plan and have such a price increase and some of those features don't end up working either  🤷‍♀️

Message 4 of 5

Hi Dani,

You will find another thread on it here that may help to explain a little more as to why it is happening.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Changes-to-professional-pricing-plan/m-p/68787...

Yes it is an extremely big shock I had no notification via email at all so I just happened to find out by accident. I was not told I would be automatically be moved on to this new plan I was informed it would not happen until my current professional plan expires.

I was meant to have an email in august to let me know but I got no such thing!

Message 5 of 5