x

Changing email address on an invoice

How do you change the email address on an invoice you already send out?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @ChiVr-LLC!

In your app, follow these steps:

• Tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner
  • Invoices > Select the invoice you want to resend
  • Tap Edit
  • Tap Customer Info Edit Personal Information

From there, you'll be able to edit the email address on file. Once you press save, X out of the customer info page and press Send.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @ChiVr-LLC!

In your app, follow these steps:

• Tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner
  • Invoices > Select the invoice you want to resend
  • Tap Edit
  • Tap Customer Info Edit Personal Information

From there, you'll be able to edit the email address on file. Once you press save, X out of the customer info page and press Send.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 8

It seems as though Customer Info is no longer a selectable option. Any updates on how to change who the invoice is billed to?

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cloverlaine- Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

As for your Invoice, I did a test Invoice on my own account and I do see what you mean. It appears that the customer's info cannot be edited once the Invoice has already been sent. I will reach out to the Invoices Product Team to see if this is something we have changed since @puka provided their answer above.

For now, I would recommend resending a new Invoice to the customer with their updated information. You may want to update their profile in your Customer Directory first so the new info automatically populates into the new Invoice for you. 

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

was this ever resolved?

It's annoying to have to delete and start a new invoice.

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @CVR2,

I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 

Once an invoice has been sent, the email address of the invoice can't be changed, but while it's a draft, you should be able to change the invoice. Can you let us know where you're editing your invoices, e.g in-app, or on your Dashboard?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 6 of 8

It seems that over a year later, this still is not fixed. Any response from the Invoices Product Team on an ETA to have it fixed? Even when you start from the Invoice and edit the email address, it appears that the pop-out on the right hand side only updates the email address in the customer account, so when you close the pop-out and return to the invoice it does not refresh that invoice and a manual "Reminder" and even future scheduled ones wind up going to the _old_ email address.

Message 7 of 8

Nope, doesn't work. When I follow your directions, I only get Preview and Edit. When I click Edit, the email area is greyed out and there is no Customer Info tab to click. I edited the customer info, and the invoice does not update.

Message 8 of 8