x

Changing the Definition of a Week to Mon-Sun

Changing the Definition of a Week to Mon-Sun

Hi Everyone,

Just curious if there is a method or plans on the horizon to be able to change the Week format when looking at Sales Reports. My business operates on a Monday - Sunday schedule versus the default Sunday - Saturday reporting that Square offers. Is there a way to change this so that I don't have to do custom dates everytime I want to view the way that we see a week to compare my business results?

Thanks!

30 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @samSkyler - thanks for reaching out and checking in on this Feature Request. It looks like we are still tracking this request in hopes that it may be implemented somewhere down the road.

As soon as we have more information in regards to a specific timeline, we will reach back out to everyone here on this thread directly. Thanks for hanging in there.

Beta Member

Ok I'm pretty frustrated with this. I've worked for one company ever that tracked time Sunday-Saturday. 99% of the USA uses Monday-Sunday workweek. 

Beta Member

I second the idea that a Monday-Sunday reporting week would better fit for a majority of sellers.

this request is like so long...... its been years for such a small request of giving another option on the calendar where people actually use it on daily basis like at least a good few times a day. Its very important that a calender is able to work functionally effective for its users esp when its important to allocate work/schedule for their employees/colleagues. Not only in the US but worldwide people start with a Monday even in other industries such as beauty services/retails etc. Square need to work on this as this is priority as this goes very closely with payrolls as well. 

Our business is trying to consolidate and use Square for many of our services, BUT a Monday-Sunday work-week would be extremely helpful for scheduling and reports! 

I would like to be able to set a Monday-Sunday calendar in the appointments app. I operate where weekends are the base unit of time and it's annoying that each weekend is split over 2 weeks.

Beta Member

The world works Mon - Sun. Not sure why your devs decided to buck to trend and make our week Sun - Sat. It's annoying. It should be a simple setting. Why is it taking you guys soooooo long to implement this change?

Every other POS system allows for you to change this setting, Why has nothing been done for this? Does my company just need to change to Toast? Seriously we spend enough time working we shouldn't have to work harder on something so simple. please fix asap

I remember chiming in on a similar request years ago. Count me as another interested customer, and one that's confused why the hold up?

Beta Member

This topic has been open since 2017. Now that Jack Dorsey is full time on Square, hopefully this simple change request will get some attention. Seriously, how hard can it be to make the week customizable?