x

Changing the Definition of a Week to Mon-Sun

Hi Everyone,

Just curious if there is a method or plans on the horizon to be able to change the Week format when looking at Sales Reports. My business operates on a Monday - Sunday schedule versus the default Sunday - Saturday reporting that Square offers. Is there a way to change this so that I don't have to do custom dates everytime I want to view the way that we see a week to compare my business results?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you for your post @FallCityFloatin

At this time there isn't a way to change the format of a week so that that the Sales Reports ('This Week', 'Last Week) start on Monday.

I do see how that would be helpful and I'll share your interest in this with our Product Team.

I'll also check in with that team to see if this is on our roadmap, and I'll let you know here as soon as I can! 

Helen

Seller Community Manager, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you for your post @FallCityFloatin

At this time there isn't a way to change the format of a week so that that the Sales Reports ('This Week', 'Last Week) start on Monday.

I do see how that would be helpful and I'll share your interest in this with our Product Team.

I'll also check in with that team to see if this is on our roadmap, and I'll let you know here as soon as I can! 

Helen

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19

I would like to be able to set a Monday-Sunday calendar in the appointments app. I operate where weekends are the base unit of time and it's annoying that each weekend is split over 2 weeks.

Message 3 of 19
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How can I have the week start on a Monday rather than on Sunday?

Anyone know if it can be done?

Message 4 of 19
Admin

Hello @TwinRoads! I've moved your post to this thread because this is still a feature request. If it's possible to change your reporting so a week starts on Monday we'll post in this thread to let you know.

Thanks for joining the Seller Community!

Helen

Message 5 of 19

Hello Helen!

Just wanted to see if there was any progress with this feature? Being able to start the week on Monday would be very helpful for running reports

Message 6 of 19
Admin

I don't have an update to share at this time @TaliaF. We'll post here to announce any updates on this request. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

Helen

Message 7 of 19

I lso would like to change my week from Mon-Sun

Message 8 of 19
Beta Member

It has been almost 3 years since the initial request. When will this be an option? It's obvious that multiple sellers want the ability. @Helen 

Message 9 of 19
Admin

Hi @HossBurgerShop. Regrettably I don't have an answer as far as when this would be implemented. But I can promise you that we're still tracking this request.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 10 of 19

Its been years since this request, whats going on? 

Message 11 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @samSkyler - thanks for reaching out and checking in on this Feature Request. It looks like we are still tracking this request in hopes that it may be implemented somewhere down the road.

As soon as we have more information in regards to a specific timeline, we will reach back out to everyone here on this thread directly. Thanks for hanging in there.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 19

Take this as another vote, my business mostly works weekends, friday-sunday, and it's annoying to have to create custom reports to see the whole weekend.

Message 13 of 19
Beta Member

Ok I'm pretty frustrated with this. I've worked for one company ever that tracked time Sunday-Saturday. 99% of the USA uses Monday-Sunday workweek. 

Katrina@BSLprints
Message 14 of 19
Beta Member

I second the idea that a Monday-Sunday reporting week would better fit for a majority of sellers.

Message 15 of 19

this request is like so long...... its been years for such a small request of giving another option on the calendar where people actually use it on daily basis like at least a good few times a day. Its very important that a calender is able to work functionally effective for its users esp when its important to allocate work/schedule for their employees/colleagues. Not only in the US but worldwide people start with a Monday even in other industries such as beauty services/retails etc. Square need to work on this as this is priority as this goes very closely with payrolls as well. 

Message 16 of 19

Our business is trying to consolidate and use Square for many of our services, BUT a Monday-Sunday work-week would be extremely helpful for scheduling and reports! 

Message 17 of 19

The world works Mon - Sun. Not sure why your devs decided to buck to trend and make our week Sun - Sat. It's annoying. It should be a simple setting. Why is it taking you guys soooooo long to implement this change?

Message 18 of 19

Every other POS system allows for you to change this setting, Why has nothing been done for this? Does my company just need to change to Toast? Seriously we spend enough time working we shouldn't have to work harder on something so simple. please fix asap

Message 19 of 19