x

Client Business Name Listed on invoices.

My business is mostly a B2B company not so much a B2C company in terms that I am dealing with business accounts and not the individual owner's name in terms of invoicing and reporting, especially with larger companies.

What I need is the ability to have the business name listed at the top of my invoices with the contact information (possibly multiple recipients) listed below the business name and have my client list be based on this and not the individual names. (For small businesses this person normally doesn't change but for medium or larger companies it is not unusual for this person to change, sometimes multiple times in a year. Tracking based on an individual employee in accounts receivable then becomes a pain and merging accounts (currently) may not have the results that I'm going to need in future reporting. For example, will a name being changed/account merged reflect through past and future recurring invoices and reporting?)

Basically, if there is a business name entered, it should be displayed primarily with the contact information secondary and if there is no business name then obviously the individual's information would be listed as the client.

The coding should be simple enough to place the client's business name prominently at the top of the invoice. I can wait for the client list to catch up to speed on this as long as we can merge accounts once this is applied to the client list and have the “individual” client account become the “business name” client account. As a work around, I'm considering putting the business name in the first name field and hoping that a later merge will take care of all of my concerns.

Personally, I'm moving away from my current appointment and scheduling solutions and taking a chance on Square because I've used Square for processing payments depending on what my invoicing or appointment scheduling software allowed over the years and it just makes sense to use one solution for all of them. Hopefully you will see the opportunity that you have to start applying this to B2B clients and open up a new cross section of clientele that you may not have been targeting with how things are currently setup. I’m looking forward to all of these things working together through one solution. Thanks for your consideration into this matter.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thanks for your post @wew3rd, I really appreciate the detail! I'll share it with our Invoices team who are always looking for improvements and new features based on feedback from our new and existing sellers! 

In the meantime, I think your workaround is great. You could add the name of the business your invoicing in the Name field, and maybe also include the name of the employee you're currently working with. That way, if that person leaves the company you can create a new customer profile for the business and then merge the new customer profile with the old profile. Keep in mind only one email address can be associated with a profile at this time, but the previous sales (invoices) history will be combined in the Customer Directory so you can see everything in one place! 

I hope this does work for your business but if you run into any trouble let us know here! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

I need this solution as well.  THis should be a very simple fix. Come on Square - you can make this happen. 

Message 3 of 3