x

Configure Profile for Customers

I changed the profile questions on the configure profile for customers to fit my business needs, however when I "display to customer" to fill out, it still shows the default questions.  I have already toggled the default questions to be invisible, but it's not registering on the customer side.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hi there @FDC - and welcome to the Seller Community👋 

Are you referring to the Customer Profile tab intended to display on the non-customer-facing screen on a Square Register?

Or something else? Thanks in advance!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I have the same question. I'm referring to the "Display to Customer" button that shows the fields for the customer to fill out. When I set fields like "Company" or "Birthday" to be invisible they are still displayed to my customers. How do we remove these fields so that the customer is only prompted for the list of fields we want to collect? 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @freshlogic 👋

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community + sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. We recommend checking to make sure that both your app and your mobile device itself are up-to-date. If everything looks good there, you'll want to reach out.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our support team can dig in with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 4 of 6

Talked with Customer Support on the phone and they confirmed that the "Display to Customer" fields do not honor the settings in the Customer Profile section. We want to make Company, Groups, Address, and Birthday invisible. We set them invisible. However, our customers are still asked "Where do you work?" and "What is your birthday?" and "Street" and "Apt/Suite" and "City" and "State" and "ZIP code". This feels like a privacy issue that should be fixed.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

This would be considered a feature request at this time then, @freshlogic.

I would also take the opportunity to invite you to join our Beta Community so you can stay on top of whats in development and being tested at Square.

JJ
Message 6 of 6