x

Creating Multiple Calendars & Assigning to Services.

I did not see any way to do this, however if it is not currently possible I believe will be a excellent addition.

I would like the option to be able to create multiple Calendars of availability (each calendar given a name internally).

Next, I would like to associate any of these Calendars with any of my services by linking the Service to the internal calendar name.

Result, when customer clicks the "Book Now" button, a Calendar of Availability custom made for that service will be displayed.

The need stems from the fact that a business may be open from 9am-5pm for example, however specific services are available during different time frames only.

thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Thanks for your post @BeFormidable! I understand what you're looking for but it's not possible to create separate calendars or set specific availabilty for a service - you can only set your/your staff's availability. I'll share your request for this addition with the Appointments team.

In the meantime, you can customize your availability for each day. This thread has the steps to set up custom availability if you're interested! You could also make a note in the description field to indicate that a service is available at a specific time, and choose to accept all appointments so that no one accidentally chooses a service that isn't available at a particular time.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 12

I was wondering if the appointments team ever figured this one out?  It seemed like a easy one.

The feature in question is available, but in a very round about method, which you touched on.

This roundabout way (which I am doing now) is subscribing for multiple employees, giving each a employee specific availability & assigning them a service. 

This creates the custom service based availability calendar I am looking for, but at a unnecessary cost to me since I do not need multiple employees on Square.

Please give me some good news, I want to  post more services & process more online payments with Square, but this calendar/booking limitation has me processing my overflowing services elsewhere. 

thank you!

Message 3 of 12
Admin

We are working to add more features to Square Appointments but I don't have an update on this request yet I'm afraid @BeFormiddable. I wish I had a better news! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 12

how do I set up multiple calender's for services

Message 5 of 12
Admin

@180Wellness

We want to make sure this question is answered clearly for you. It sounds like the feature request mentioned in this post, and hopefully some steps that you may be able to set up to customize your availability. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 6 of 12

I have an upcoming photo day scheduled (Jan 3) where I am offering a comped service (one-day only group portraits), but I still want people to schedule their times. I have about 10 signups so far.

In addition I wanted to open up slots for regular (paid) portraits. However when I added availability for the paid option, it opened up appointments for both service types.

What's the best way around this? In short, I don't want anyone booking the free service on a day other than Jan 3, but I want to open up my availability for paid services on other dates. (I'm thinking it's too late to do a promo/discount code since I've also gotten sign-ups?) Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
Admin

Hey @LRosePhoto! Sorry to say we don't have this functionality built out on Square Appointments. I moved your question over to this thread so you can stay ahead of any progress in regards to this feature.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 12

Thanks @nika @for your reply! So for the future, is the best option to provide a discount/promo code for 100% discount on a regular service, as opposed to a separate service which is $0.00

That doesn't solve for the scheduling issue though. Hmmm. I will figure something out. 

Message 9 of 12

Is there a way to list "2" services people can book, but each service has a differen availability on the calendar?

Like I have a service which is only available M-F 1pm-4pm

The second service is available 7 Days a week 9am-9pm

Message 10 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @dave101

Welcome to the Community! 

I moved your post to a board with similar questions & topics. 

The feature you're asking about is not available with Appointments. You can set availability based on your Team Members, but not the specific service. 

I will go ahead and tag this as a Feature Request, so our Product Team can keep track of inquiries on this topic. Thank you for reaching out and be on the lookout for Product Update emails for new launches. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 12

Any update on this feature? Acuity Scheduling has this customization feature where you can set different hours for certain services/appointment types. Would like to see Square appointment has this same feature. I want to keep everything fully integrated Square POS + Scheduling, instead of using third party scheduling app and link up to my Square POS.

Message 12 of 12