x

Credit Card Authorization Form for large online orders

I wanted to see if anyone has used a Credit Card Authorization Form to add an additional layer of protection against a large chargeback. I have a $2500 dollar order that I have done research on the customer through Spokeo and other means so it looks like it is the guy including the IP location that came with the order. But I also had the same info on a customer and lost a dispute last month because they just told the bank they didn't order it and never recieved anything even though I had signature confirmation going to the billing address.

I have already asked for a copy of a valid state-issued ID/DL and a front/back copy of the card being used as well as shipping only to the billing address and not a UPS Store or any other drop off. I have been doing e-commerce since 1996 and it seems to be that the credit card fruad has started to rise again like early 00's. I have some forms that I have that I use for my vendors but I wasn't sure if Square actually had one and what other people have used or experienced.

I appreciate your time and hope to hear some good info.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @DallasNovelty- really appreciate you asking this question and sharing your experience. 

To help prevent chargebacks, we offer a Build Your Contract with Square option for our sellers. You're able to choose a template that goes along with whatever it is you're selling/providing services for, and these contracts can be shared with your customer before or after a transaction has been processed.

We also share some Best Practices for eCommerce Payments that outline some great tips to help prevent disputes.

Would love to see some other sellers jump in here and share some templates/contracts that they've made on their own as well that have worked for them!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @DallasNovelty- really appreciate you asking this question and sharing your experience. 

To help prevent chargebacks, we offer a Build Your Contract with Square option for our sellers. You're able to choose a template that goes along with whatever it is you're selling/providing services for, and these contracts can be shared with your customer before or after a transaction has been processed.

We also share some Best Practices for eCommerce Payments that outline some great tips to help prevent disputes.

Would love to see some other sellers jump in here and share some templates/contracts that they've made on their own as well that have worked for them!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the information because it looks like I was able to modify it to work with what I needed along with the CC authorization form.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Hello,

I do not see the option for this but it would be very helpful if the contracts have a way for us to request users to upload a photo ID Driver license and the Credit card that they are using so they feel safer it is uploaded on Square for us to verify the information. 

It's not as safe for them to send it to us and creates more friction on both ends.

If there is that option please guide me.

Thank you so much!

Davisson

Message 4 of 4