x

Credit Card Payment

I have a customer trying to buy some items from my online store. They have purchased from me before but today they are getting an error every time they try to purchase. It says "your credit card could not be processed at this time. Check your card number and details."

Are payments not working cause it's a bank holiday??! She's tried 8-10 times. Even tried on mobile. Nothing is working. It's a bank debit card. I don't know what to tell her.

Can anyone shed any light? Thanks!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Also, she tried a different card as well and it didn't work.

Message 2 of 21
Square

@poppinofftoys - Sorry to hear about the trouble! We're not reporting any outages on our side, so it's most likely tied to the details that this customer is inputting, or their individual internet browser.  Have they tried switching to a different browser? Also, would you mind sharing the URL to your store? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 21

Thanks for the reply! It's poppinofftoys.com

Message 4 of 21
Square

@poppinofftoys - Thanks for confirming. Have you asked them to try an alternate browser? While I can't speak to the specifics of Wix sites, I know that our webpages don't always work perfectly with every browser, especially older versions of Internet Explorer. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 21

She just tried on a different browser and got the same result.

Message 6 of 21
Square

@poppinofftoys - Since this issue is tied to your Wix site, at this point - it would be best to reach out to them directly. You can give them a call at 1 (800) 600-0949. They should be able to help troubleshoot things for you. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 21

I just tried to buy something from my own site and I got the same error. On the phone with Wix and they said it would have to be something on Square's end...

Message 8 of 21
Square

Can you share a screenshot of the error message? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 9 of 21

Screenshot.jpg

Wix had their advanced technical team take a look and they said that everything is fine on their end. Refereed me back to you.

Message 10 of 21
Square

Also, what internet browser are you using (http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/)? Did you try from a different one? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 11 of 21

I'm using Chrome. So far it has failed on IE, Firefox and Chrome and mobile.

Message 12 of 21
Square

@poppinofftoys - I'll open a case with our engineering team, and then let you know what they say. On a side note, have you tried mulitple cards? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 13 of 21

Yes we have.

Message 14 of 21

Any update at all? Not being able to take credit card payments is killer for an online store.

Message 15 of 21
Square

@poppinofftoys - I haven't heard back just yet, but I'll be sure to let you know once I do! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 16 of 21
Square

@poppinofftoys - Our engineering team let me know that everything should be good to go with your account. Something on the backend needed to be updated by Wix, and it looks like they were able to get this sorted out while we were waiting to hear back. Would you mind double checking? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 17 of 21
Square

@poppinofftoys - Did you have a chance to verify that everything is working as expected?

Sean
he/him/his
Message 18 of 21

Yeah, we are good. Thanks!

Message 19 of 21

I'm having this same problem. Can you help? Tried multiple cards over different platforms. 

Message 20 of 21
Square

@Cabazon30 - It looks like you were able accept payments recently through your site. Do things seem to be working now? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 21 of 21