x

Credit Memos

I came across my first issue while attempting to give a credit to an item that was changed post payment.  So, I quickly duplicated the invoice and made the change on the invoice.  I went to the first invoice and did a refund.  I thought this would be internal only.  So, I will use the gift card method next time as suggested in another thread.  Since this was paid via a wire transfer, how is Square going to refund my customer?  I just wanted a reminder that he had monies to and use towards his next order.

Thanks for your help

Dennis

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community, @DMMotorsports 👋

Let's make sure we're on the same page here before we dig in! Square will only be able to process refunds for payments that we have processed. That means that we can refund credit, debit, and Square gift card payments. We do not process the funds related to Other Tender type transactions (like a wire transfer), and rather only record these for organizational purposes.

The Seller Community is a publicly visible platform, so to protect your privacy, I can't take a peek to see exactly what happened here. However, if you reach out to our Customer Success team directly, they'll be able to dig in to figure out your next steps here - please follow these steps to reach out, Dennis.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2