x
Super Seller Alumni

Customer Appreciation Ideas

Hey everyone! As the holidays are fast approaching, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking about how to say thank you to all of our loyal customers. I would LOVE to hear the ideas you all have! Here are a few that I've been thinking about: 

• Coupon/discount code for something like $10 off any purchase (no limit on what they must spend, so basically a $10 gift card).
  • Possibly  just send them an eGift card.
  • Sending a thank you email / holiday message.
  • Creating a resource of other small, local businesses for holiday shopping.

What else could we do?... 

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I always seem to be stuck in between a rock and a hard place during the Holiday Season.  🤣  On one hand everyone expects some sort of discount that I dont like giving, but on the other hand, I like money and I want the sale. bah-hum-bug.

On that note though, I try to gear the holiday more toward getting the sale, but giving back. 

For example, for Thanksgiving This year, I am planning on running some sort of promotion or even a giveaway of some sort for Turkeys.  Whether they need to complete some sort of task, or a random drawing for anyone who purchases xx product. I'm still undecided.

Christmas time for me it's all about the kids and the magic of still believing.   I reward customers with a $25 Gift Certificate just for bringing in any sort of New Toy for kids.  Those then get passed along to local community advisors, who pass them out to children in-need for Christmas. 

Hope these help spark a few more ideas for you . 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

Best Answer

I always seem to be stuck in between a rock and a hard place during the Holiday Season.  🤣  On one hand everyone expects some sort of discount that I dont like giving, but on the other hand, I like money and I want the sale. bah-hum-bug.

On that note though, I try to gear the holiday more toward getting the sale, but giving back. 

For example, for Thanksgiving This year, I am planning on running some sort of promotion or even a giveaway of some sort for Turkeys.  Whether they need to complete some sort of task, or a random drawing for anyone who purchases xx product. I'm still undecided.

Christmas time for me it's all about the kids and the magic of still believing.   I reward customers with a $25 Gift Certificate just for bringing in any sort of New Toy for kids.  Those then get passed along to local community advisors, who pass them out to children in-need for Christmas. 

Hope these help spark a few more ideas for you . 

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 2 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

I absolutely love your thoughts about gearing the holiday celebrations toward giving back to the community! I donate 10% of our sales to a non-profit each month and now you  have me thinking that I should CHOOSE that non-profit wisely to coincide with the holidays.  I love the toys for kids idea too! Thank you for the inspiration!  You really have my wheels turning now 🙂

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

That's awesome about the monthly donations. , Glad I could get the gears turning for you for maybe some other ideas.

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 4 of 15
Super Seller

For the holiday season this year I'm gonna have a free gift for my customers.  I'm having boutique Christmas ornaments made to hand out and they'll also get a certain % off their purchase for donating a toy for the holidays to be given to the toys for tots & toys for military kids programs....

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 5 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

LOVE the % off for donating to toys for tots! That's a win / win 🙂

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
Message 6 of 15

My customers love when I give them pens! I get them with my name and everything on them. They love them! 

Message 7 of 15
Super Seller

@Lrshipp wrote:

My customers love when I give them pens! I get them with my name and everything on them. They love them! 

Finding a nice pen to write with is like driving down a fresh paved road. Smoooooth!

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 8 of 15

Our customers would appreciate not having Credit Card fees as a pass through, because they are SO HIGH for the business which they choose to use. Hint!

Message 9 of 15
Super Seller

@Bizy1bee wrote:

Our customers would appreciate not having Credit Card fees as a pass through, because they are SO HIGH for the business which they choose to use. Hint!

Any and all companies have credit card processing fees. Whether they choose to pass those on, eat the cost, or hide them somewhere else they are always there.  Small cost of doing business.  

You can get a lower custom rate if you qualify as well. 

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 10 of 15
Super Seller

I'm in the beauty industry so I give a custom lip balm each year.  A local soapmaker creates them for me with my name & web address on them.  For years my clients say it reminds them to call and make their next facial apt every time they use it. 

They don't cost me much and customers love them.  Any leftovers I sell in the shop or gift out to new customers in Q1.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 11 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

So smart! That's something most people would use almost every day and see your name!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
Message 12 of 15
Super Seller

I just talked to a marketer, and he suggested I ask for customers Birthdays, and when their Birthday is near give them a Free item or Discount to use.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 13 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

I definitely use those birthday discounts to treat myself as a customer so I think that's a great idea!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
Message 14 of 15
Super Seller

I do this.  You can actually set this up through Square marketing and it sends out an automated email to collect the info...

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 15 of 15