x

Customer Charged Wrong.

I have a customer saying that they were charged 3 times, two of the payments dropped off and did not go through. The third did. Then they are saying that they are showing a pending charge from me for an amount that is incorrect. Is there a way I can look into this? They are very upset with me and I don't know how to look into this for them. I am only showing the one payment for the correct amount. I have tried to call support but I guess their phones are down. Can someone please help. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Support is the only one that can help with this.  The one that has a different amount are they sure it is from you and not another Square merchant the purchased something from?

Message 2 of 4

That is what I figured. They are stating that it states it is my merchant name that is showing up for the charge. I am unaware if this is true or not. 

Do you know if it is a norm for them to have phone issues? As I would like to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi @cnsapparel

If a transaction is declined or voided, it can show as a pending charge on your customer's account. If a charge went through by mistake, you can refund your customer. You can review processed payments from your online Dashboard. 

It is very unusual for our phone support to be limited - especially on a Friday. We're sorry that you weren't able to get through to us. Our phone lines will be open again tomorrow (Monday) at 6:00 AM PDT. 

Message 4 of 4