x

Customer Directory custom fields, notes and reminder for Canada - custom receipts numbers

When will we have custom fields, notes and reminder for Canada? or add more phone and address fields (ex: home and office) Any date we can have this. Can they be searchable?

Is there any news on having custom receipts numbers like we have for the invoices and have them synced, example: if my invoice is at 1000 my next invoice would be 1001 and my next receipt would be 1002 etc....

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Alumni

Hi @RalphE - Thanks for taking the time to share these with us. 

Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for those feature requests. Our team who works on Canadian products loves hearing your feedback though. 

Message 2 of 14

Hi @katieand, do you know the limit/max amount of customers we can have.

Message 3 of 14
Alumni

Hey @RalphE! Stepping in for Katie, but there's no limit so you can add as many customers as you want 🙂

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 14

Lets narrow this down to just allowing a couple custom fields - for Canada. This is nuts. If you have it for US customers, it is frankly an hour or so of coding - at most - to enable it (copy the code) for Canada. I'm exploring use of it for our club. Two chapters in Canada - 29 more in the US. I'm doing the evaluation, not the US. So, how about it?

Message 5 of 14

I'm not sure what's taking them so long.

Message 6 of 14
Admin

@JGV @RalphE I checked for an update for you and the Customer Directory team is working on this! 

I can't share details about the scope of work involved, or an exact timeline for when these features will be available in Canada but we'll post again here to let you know when they are ready. I really appreciate your patience in the meantime.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 14

Any update on this?

Message 8 of 14

If someone was working on this at the beginning of August and it still isn't done, clearly you're not doing Agile software development or understand the notion of rapid release. I work in software and there is no way this should take this long.

WIthout details on when it will *really* be ready, I'll find a compeditive solution. This reamins NUTS. The US has it, so should we.

Oh look, there is a pop-up to take a survey. Hmmm. Wonder how that will go?

Gordon

Message 9 of 14

Is there a way to get custom receipt numbering?

Message 10 of 14
Admin

Hey @RalphE, I went to look for an update on this request and there aren't any developments from our Customer Directory team that I can share out. I realize that this request has been outstanding for some time and I apologize for the frustration. So that I can surface some additional insight—can you let me know how a customized receipt numbering system would benefit your business?

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 11 of 14

Dunno about Ralph, but thats it, I give up. YOu guys have had more than enough time to help us, even if just a bit. Bye.

Message 12 of 14

For auditing (by law), we need the invoice/receipts numbering to be consecutive.

Message 13 of 14

Any update on this?

Message 14 of 14