x

Customer pin entry pad not working

After inserting the customer card the screen goes to a pin pad where the customer enters their pin number.

This WAS working for about a month but then all ov a sudden it does nothing!

When the numbers are pressed no dots show up and the only thing you can press is the corner to get out of the screen. This has meant that I have had to enter customer cards in manually.

I have updated software and the screen on my Android phone is in perfect working order. Does anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the app, @Bowerbird

First, I'll note that I'm located in the U.S. (along with the other community admins) so I'm not familiar with the chip and pin screen myself. However, if the app is acting glitchy or missing functionality, usually these troubleshooting tips fix the issue. 

Let me know if not! I'll get a case started for you with our Australian support team. 

Message 2 of 6

I too have this problem, and have been unable to resolve it. It's a pain!

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@Geeaytch

Sorry to hear you are having issues with with the App and your device. 

We want to make sure your experience is smooth, so I'm opening a case with our support team so they can follow up to troubleshoot this.  In the meantime, feel free to look back over the troubleshooting steps. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 6

Did anyone get answers. The tick and clear buttons work but not the numbers on iPhone 12 

Message 5 of 6

Has anyone got any answers to this yet? Or anyone using an alternative to square. Seems an k going issue and they don't care 

Message 6 of 6