x

Customers showing charged twice with sqaure on online banking but my dashboard shows one transaction

Had to customers each pay with debit cards on the sqaure in last week mydashboard shows one transaction for each of them but there online banking are showing the both was charged twice for same amounts.Whats going on?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Littlebit! Thanks for taking the time to reach out here on the Seller Community! Welcome! We are always happy to see new faces.

So sorry for the confusion! I think we can provide some clarity here. This kind of temporary authorization is something that we see often - especially with customers using debit cards. If an attempt at a transaction is unsuccessful, a temporary authorization will process on the customers statement but will not actually post to the account due to the transaction not going through.

While these authorizations tend to fall off of a statement in 24 to 48 hours, your customer can have them removed more quickly by reaching out to their card-issuing bank.

I hope this is helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

The transaction went through fine on the first attempt with both customers neither of them had to be ran a second time.My dashboard showed one transaction for each of them but there online banking showed two duplicate charges for each of them.Is this normal will one of the charges fall off their online banking?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the reply, @Littlebit. Yes - this would be considered standard protocol for these kind of debit transactions.

The authorized charge should fall off of your customers statement in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4