x
Square

Dashboard app: what feedback do you have?

Hi Sellers!

My name is Rachel and I work on the Point of Sale team at Square. We want to hear from you about how you use the Dashboard app, additional features you would like to see in the app, and any general feedback you have. If you have never used the Dashboard app, it is an iPhone app that allows you to check your sales and manage your business from your phone. Some specific questions to answer in the comments below:

• How did you find out about the app?
  • How often do you use the app?
  • What reports are you viewing? Does it help you make business decisions? If so, what?
  • Do you mind that it is separate from the Square Point of Sale or other Square apps?
  • What additional actions or information do wish was accessible in the app?
  • Who in your business has access to the app?
  • What general feedback do you have?

If you want to discuss with us over the phone, please book an appointment.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Rachel

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Alumni

@PelicansMonroe @thegrindhouston @KentJava @Jtrietsch @JimBuck - I know you all have posted about the Dashboard app in the past. I wanted to make sure you saw that Rachel on the Point of Sale team is collecting feedback. If you have any to share, feel free to leave your ideas in the comments here or schedule an appointment with her using the link above. 👍 Thanks for your help! 

Message 2 of 27
Beta Member

Thanks for the response Kpay. When I went to leave comment on the link that was provided asking if we wanted to get involved in leaving response and feedback, it said it was not able to send my comments and gave me an error message.

Don't know what the problem is, but I will try again.

Thanks for the fast response!

Message 3 of 27
Admin

@JimBuck

Hey Jim -

That feedback cycle may be closed now. We'll look into it for you and and get you another way to provide feedback currently.  

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 27

The Dashboard App that is on iPhone was great. The only problem is that it isn't on Android. I simply do not like Apple iPhones. But I love the Dashboard App.

I want to request the app on Android...lol.

Surely there are more Android users besides myself that would benefit.

Message 5 of 27
Square

Thanks @thegrindhouston for your reply! We do not have any set plans to expand to Android, but we appreciate the feedback. We will keep the community posted with any updates. 

Message 6 of 27
Beta Member

I use the Dashboard app 3 years ago when I still have the iPhone. I was told back then that it is coming to android but here we are 3 years later and still waiting.

Message 7 of 27
Square

Thanks @meros for letting us know! I'm sorry to hear you have been waiting for the Dashboard app to come to Android. We do not have any set plans to expand to Android, but we appreciate the feedback. We will keep the community posted with any updates. 

Message 8 of 27
Beta Member

You might want to edit this part then..

"Note: The Dashboard app isn’t compatible with iPads and Android devices at this time, but this is something we’re working on! 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5618-get-started-with-the-square-dashboard-app

Message 9 of 27
Square

Thank you for catching that! We will be sure to update it. 

Message 10 of 27
Super Seller Alumni

So glad you're working on this! I already did the little focus group for this, but I'd love to share again:

I love that it's separate from the POS app - I like to have the data in one place and the POS in another.

I use it every day, so many times a day, I can't even count.

Reports I'm checking are sales by item, category, comparing to last week & last year the same day of the week (52 week), employee sales, modifier sales, discounts, online orders, hourly, totoal number of transactions (would love to see specific transactions).
I absolutely use this for business decisions - right now some things are easier to see on the app than on the website, since it sorts category & item sales in quick glance by top sales, while the website takes 10 clicks to get that view and the app keeps it when you switch months but the website resets it - love that feature!

First, iPhone X optimization would be sweeeeet.

I'd love to have Transactions show up in the Dashboard app - right now I have to flip between the Dashboard app & the POS app to see reports & transactions.

Also having the # of each Discount or Modifier show up and not just the $ amount would be great - a lot of my modifers are $0 and for tracking sales of specific things like flavors, so having the # at a glance would be nice instead of having to open up my computer.

I'd love to have on both the app and the website: notes section for each day, automatic population of weather (temperature and conditions, maybe even overlay an hourly weather for the hourly sales), entering in petty cash usage for each day, manually enter $ short or over for the cash drawer each day.

Access to Loyalty & Marketing info would be great.

The Dashboard mobile site on a phone is a nightmare to navigate - so either optimizing the mobile site or just having the option to see all of the things on the full dashboard but on the app would be nice!

Those are the big things for now! Thanks again!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 11 of 27
Square

Thank you so much for the thorough response @pessosices. All of your suggestions for additional information to add to the app are extremely valuable. We will keep you posted as we improve the experience!

Message 12 of 27

I found out about this today because of this post and I'm so happy it works with "Square for Restaurants"!  Good stuff.

Message 13 of 27
Square

@cbenson Glad this post helped you discover it! Do you have any feedback on your experience with it so far or any additional features you would like to see? 

Message 14 of 27

Also hoping to see Dashboard App for Android! I would mostly like to be able to set up new employees from the app. Would also love love love something to alert me when we are procecssing a return or refund (but also able to turn off notifications on vacation). 

Message 15 of 27
Super Seller Alumni

Thank you so much for the Dashboard App update @RACHELF !
I know it's slight, but I love it so far!
The fact that it's now optimized for larger phones, being able to sort Category/Item Reports by Quantity sold, better Sales Trends/Comparisons, and all of the other little tweaks!

It's wonderful. Thank you!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 16 of 27
Square

@pessosices Thanks so much for following up and for providing us with invaluable feedback to help us improve. We are glad you are enjoying it so far!

Message 17 of 27
Super Seller Alumni

It's absolutley my pleasure, @RACHELF !

Please let me know if there's any other ways I could help & give feedback!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 18 of 27
Beta Member

Hoping for an update on dashboard app for Android? Just switched over from iPhone after a decade, and what a superior business tool it is except for the missing Square dashboard app LOL

Thanks! 

Message 19 of 27
Admin

Hey @CharliePDX!

Thanks for following up on this 🍁

The Square Dashboard app is still not currently compatible with iPads or Android devices — only iPhones running iOS 11 or above are supported at this time. 

Keep an eye out here for announcements about the Square Dashboard app updates and device compatibility announcements. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 20 of 27
Beta Member

Thank you. It’s so weird operating without the dashboard app four first time ever..  We go into a late night and so having overnight reports was an important factor for us. Might just keep the iPhone around for a while...

Message 21 of 27