x
Alumni

Dashboard iOS App: Ask us anything about the updates to sales reporting!

Hello Seller Community!

We know that real-time, on-the-go access to your business’ performance is crucial for your business. We want your input as the Seller Experience team prioritizes improvements to the Square Dashboard iOS App in 2023!

I'm excited to introduce the Dashboard product manager, @JenLax_SqPM, and product designer, @cameron_s. Together, they have nearly five years of experience building products at Square. They're eager to hear your questions, feedback, and get a clear understanding of how you're using Square reporting tools today. 

They will be in this thread on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 to take a deep dive into your questions and address your feedback about reporting on the Square Dashboard App.

Not sure what to ask? Here are some example questions: 

• How do I set up the Square Dashboard App for multiple business locations and/or multiple employees?
  • How can I view open checks in the reporting data?
  • If I could add "________" to the Square Dashboard App, that would improve my day-to-day business operations.

In addition, the team has offered to showcase a sneak peak of tweaks they plan to make after recent feedback on the homepage screens. Let us know if you have thoughts or questions!

Ani__0-1674081439970.png

Click 'Reply' below to ask your question ahead of time, and we’ll answer every question onWednesday, February 1, 2023. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Would love to be able to set up a group reporting function across multiple venues/square accounts.

We have been looking to build a dashboard that pulls in other reporting through api like OpenTable etc. Would be great to be able to connect other providers to bring data in to 1 central reporting location.

Would also love it to be desktop enabled not just mobile

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hi @BarFrancine,

If you have multiple business locations under one account, our Dashboard reporting tools are able to display information for all locations under that account. At the moment though, there's no way to share compiled data between separate Square accounts.

Thinking about workarounds, you can export reporting data into spreadsheets from an account's reporting section. So if you're looking to compile data across multiple Square accounts, you could do it with a bit of manual spreadsheet work.

If you're working with APIs, it looks like a reporting API is currently a feature request. I don't have any experience developing with APIs myself, however it looks like you can get some data from our Orders, Payments, and Catalog APIs.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3