x

Date format on .csv report download

Hi there,

I've just downloaded my first .csv files which are very helpful but seem to be in the wrong date format.  Instead of 01-12-2019 it shows up as 2001-12-19.

I can't just change the format because Excel seems to think that the 01 is the year.  I can mess around with it to fix it, but don't want to have to do this every time.  Is this an issue with the default settings in my Excel or a problem with the report export?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @littlebylittle1  - 👋 What CSV are you referring to? Let me know 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I have the same issue on the transactions csv report.  Did you find a solution?

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @AnitaM-

If you use the browser Google Chrome, the dates should appear as expected in your dashboard. Does that work for you? Let me know! 👀

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 6

Hi there. I also have an issue with the date format in transaction report (csv).  When I look at the dashboard all looks fine. However, my report has 2 formats listed even before importing to Excel, e.g. 09/15/21 and 21-06-2009 are both shown when opened in notepad. All sales are from this year so there appears to be an issue at that stage. 

I'd love to find a solution because without the date, the report doesn't help me very much!  Thanks. 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LilaT,

Thanks for writing in, I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 

Which browser are you using when downloading the .CSV? Another thing worth checking out would be your browser language settings, and OS settings to ensure both are set to US English rather and not UK English (or another country). 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 6 of 6