x
Beta Member

Dear Square Engineers - PLEASE READ.

I've been a happy Square user for the last 7-8 years. I used to love the beautiful user experience, but in the past ~year or so the iPad app & online ordering system has become a dumpster fire. I thought about posting this on social media, but wanted to put this here first to give you a chance to fix things.

First, the iPad app in the past few months has been slow, buggy, and crashes at least 20 times per day. I got tired of always apologizing to my customers as they stand there with their credit cards waiting while the app crashes for the nth time that day. I reverted back to the old interface, and it seems to be better for now.

Adding a product to the website from the iPad used to be so fast & easy, but ever since you acquired Weebly and merged the systems, it's been a slow, buggy and complicated mess.
Syncing between Square and Weebly is temperamental -- when it happens, it takes literally HOURS. Since I have no idea when syncing happens, I have to manually sync product details between the iPad, Square library, Weebly library, and the website.

Adding a product to the website used to take one step, 3 minutes. Now it takes up to 4 steps and 20 minutes! Why.

I know a bit about database programming, and I know it's difficult to combine 2 databases from 2 different systems, but why would you even fix something that wasn't broken?! I know you wanted to add more eCommerce features, but why wouldn't you build that on top of the existing system and database, so you can maintain the great user experience?

On top of all that, the payment system on the website crashes regularly, because I get calls from my customers about it. I don't know how much sales we've lost due to customers getting frustrated at not being able to process their payment at checkout.

To the community managers, thank you for your hard work answering the technical questions that probably wouldn't even need to be asked if everything wasn't so broken. Feel free to pass this message to Jack or a senior engineering manager.

Have a happy new year.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @TXa,

Thank you for posting this to share your feedback with our teams. We hear the frustrations you have stated in this post and will make sure to pass that on with the applicable teams. 

In regards to the issue you mentioned on your iPad, we always recommend that the app and device are on the newest update to ensure everything runs as intended. However, in the case that it continues to give you trouble, our Customer Success team is always there to help! 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2