x
Square Community Moderator

Decimal Quantities Beta is Live for Android Devices!

We are excited to announce that we have launched early access to decimal quantities on Android devices!

Decimal quantities enables you to sell exact quantities in the unit(s) of measure you use to conduct your business—ounces, pounds, yards, gallons, etc. By previewing decimal quantities on your Square Point of Sale, you will be able to:

• Create items to sell in decimal quantities
  • Check out customers purchasing items in decimal quantities
  • View decimal quantity items in your cart summary
  • Review sales by item quantities
  • Refund items with decimal quantities
  • Issue and display digital and printed receipts with decimal quantities
  • Review your inventory and transactions with decimal quantities in Dashboard

Please reply to this thread if you’re interested in joining this beta!

Thanks!

Note: Square Terminal and Square Register are not yet supported for this beta but we'll share any updates in this thread! 

Message 1 of 72
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone who helped us test this feature out for Android devices! We're excited to announce that decimal quantities feature is no longer in beta and is now 100% live in the newest Square Point of Sale update (version 5.18). Please visit the Google Play Store to update! 

View Best Answer >

Message 56 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Beta Member

when can we sign up with android?

Message 2 of 72
Admin

@rntmasters You can sign up now! I've moved your post to this thread so the Beta team can see your request! 😊

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 72
Beta Member

Sign us up for beta please.  Decimals qtys is what we do...

Thanks!

Chris

Message 4 of 72

@ShermanFamFarm and @rntmasters Thank you for your interest in this beta! I have enabvled this feature on both your accounts. Please review the following support center article for instructions on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

Message 5 of 72
Beta Member

Android?

Message 6 of 72

Yes! This feature is now available for beta on Android devices in addition to iOS devices! Please be sure to download the most up to date version of the Square Point of Sale app on your Android. 

Message 7 of 72
Beta Member

Still not seeing (qty option) it on either of my android devices.  Uninstalled, downloaded latest Jun 12 release.

Tried beta version as well. 

Message 8 of 72

We are interested in the beta program. We sell bulk candy and will be benefit for us. 

Thank you

Message 9 of 72

Hi! I went ahead and turned this feature on for your account! Please be sure to download the most up to date version of our app on your Android device. Also, here is a link with instructions on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

Thanks for helping us test this on Android devices! 

Message 10 of 72

We currently have this for our apple devices.  Do we need to do anything different for the one android device a manager has?

Message 11 of 72

Hi @GoldenBeltBeef ! If you have this feature enabled for iOS, it will also be available for you on your Android devices. All you'll need to do is make sure you are using the most up to date version of the Point of Sale app on your Android device!

Message 12 of 72
Super Seller Alumni

Please sign me up for the Register beta when it becomes available!

Judy T Shumway
Message 13 of 72

Thanks for your interest in this beta! I have added you to the list of merchants to contact once we do go live for Square Register. 

I'll be in touch soon. 

Message 14 of 72

Very interested in using this with Square Register as well. Is there an ETA for Beta on that platform?

Message 15 of 72

Please add us to this Android beta. Our poultry is all sold by the pound and this would be huge for us!

Message 16 of 72

Hi! Thanks for your interest! I enabled this feature on your account and you can now test this out on your Android devices. Here is our support center article with instructions on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

Message 17 of 72

Please add my account to the beta testing. Thank you. 

Message 18 of 72

How do I sign up to be a Beta tester for this?

Message 19 of 72

@Cdhmhoward @trollbridgefarm Thank you both! You can now use this feature on your Android devices. Please refer to this support center article for instructions on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

Thanks again! 

Message 20 of 72

Can you direct me to tech support? I've followed all of the instructions, but I can only see my decimal items on the website not on the app.

Message 21 of 72