We've heard your feedback and we are proud to announce that the beta for decimal quantities is now live for iOS! (Please note that this feature is not yet available on Android or for Invoices)
Decimal quantities enables you to sell exact quantities in the unit(s) of measure you use to conduct your business—ounces, pounds, yards, gallons, etc. By previewing decimal quantities on your Square Point of Sale, you will be able to:
- Create items to sell in decimal quantities
- Check out customers purchasing items in decimal quantities
- View decimal quantity items in your cart summary
- Review sales by item quantities
- Refund items with decimal quantities
- Issue and display digital and printed receipts with decimal quantities
- Review your inventory and transactions with decimal quantities in Dashboard
By participating in this beta and providing us with feedback, you will directly influence and improve this feature. If interested, please comment to this post or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. From there, we'll reach out directly with the next steps!
Phil, Square Beta Team
Posted 2 weeks ago
Thank you to everyone who requested to participate in this beta! We are definitely still adding merchants, so please feel free to keep requesting.
For those of you that have been using the feature, please add a comment to this thread on your experience with the feature so far.
Thank you again!
We would love to be included. Hopefully this beta will work on the terminal. We sell hardwood and live edge slabs of rescued hardwood and need the decimal quantities to sell by the board foot. We have our products all set up and waiting for decimals!