x
Square Community Moderator

Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

We've heard your feedback and we are proud to announce that the beta for decimal quantities is now live for iOS! (Please note that this feature is not yet available on Android or for Invoices)

Decimal quantities enables you to sell exact quantities in the unit(s) of measure you use to conduct your business—ounces, pounds, yards, gallons, etc. By previewing decimal quantities on your Square Point of Sale, you will be able to:

• Create items to sell in decimal quantities
  • Check out customers purchasing items in decimal quantities
  • View decimal quantity items in your cart summary
  • Review sales by item quantities
  • Refund items with decimal quantities
  • Issue and display digital and printed receipts with decimal quantities
  • Review your inventory and transactions with decimal quantities in Dashboard

115300cd3f0d8997e4128.png

11526ac8f40bebdc582e3.pngIMG_2243.jpeg

By participating in this beta and providing us with feedback, you will directly influence and improve this feature. If interested, please comment to this post or reach out to betafeedback@squareup.com. From there, we'll reach out directly with the next steps! 

Thanks!

Phil, Square Beta Team

Message 1 of 288
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

Hi all - Our feature to bill by decimal quantities is starting to roll out now. Keep an eye out for the feature being available in your dashboard over the next week or so. 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone for your interest and for your help testing this feature on iOS. We have now launched this feature on iOS for all merchants! 

For instructions on how to use this feature on your account, please visit our FAQ page: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6681

We are currently testing this feature for Androids. If you are interested in testing this feature on Android devices, please post here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Decimal-Quantities-Beta-is-Live-for-Android-De...

Thanks again!

View Best Answer >

Message 288 of 288
287 REPLIES 287
Super Seller

I love it so far, lots of thought went into it besides just adding a decimal.  

Message 2 of 288
Beta Member

I want to try this beta ASAP. 

Message 3 of 288
Beta Member

What release is this in? How can I download it?

Message 4 of 288
Admin

@AlanA Thanks for commenting on this post! A member of the beta team will reach out to you by email with the next steps so you can participate.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 288
Beta Member

Thank you. I have been testing the invoices beta and like it but this is a big change for me and will help our business soooo much. 

Message 6 of 288

Thanks for your interest! I sent you an email earlier this morning with instructions on how to get started! 

Message 7 of 288

I would like to use decimals in quantities in invoices as well. It's really rediculous that it isn't alread able to do this.!

Message 8 of 288

Yes please sign us up. 

Message 9 of 288

Hi Brennan, 

Thank you for your interest in this beta. We are currently only running this beta for iOS. As soon as we start testing for Android, we'll be back in touch! 

Message 10 of 288

We would love to be included.  Hopefully this beta will work on the terminal.  We sell hardwood and live edge slabs of rescued hardwood and need the decimal quantities to sell by the board foot.  We have our products all set up and waiting for decimals!

Thank you

Message 11 of 288

Hi! Thank you for your interested in participating in this beta. I apologize but this beta is currently only available for iOS. We are looking at leanching for terminal in the coming months. I have added you to a list of merchants to contact once this beta goes live! 

Message 12 of 288

@SQPhil    

How long until the beta turns into an actual update?  Do you think there will be a beta period for the terminal?  I hate the idea of ditching our new terminal (at the retail counter) but we really would like to get the decimal pricing going ASAP.  Thank you.

Message 13 of 288

Hi! 

Beta periods vary from product to product and can last for a number of weeks. We do anticipate on having a beta period for terminal and once we do, we'll definitely reach back out to you. Thanks again for your interest!

Message 14 of 288

@SQPhil 

So will this only work for those using an Ipad currently?

Message 15 of 288

Yes. This beta is currently only availalble to merchants using iPhones or iPads. 

Message 16 of 288

Hate to keep bugging you...  How long do you imaging it will be for a terminal beta?  Just trying to decide if we should swap out at least temporaily.  

Message 17 of 288

No problem at all! We are looking at possibly launching a beta for terminal in the next few months, but this date can definitely change. Once a beta is launched, as mentioned the timeline can vary, but I would estimate about 4-6 weeks for the duration of a beta. But that doesn't necessarily mean it will go into general release right after that. 

Message 18 of 288

We have been hoping for this for a long time. We sell Meat at Farmers Markets and have had to sell in weight ranges. By the decimal is perfect for us. Sign us up!!!

Message 19 of 288

Hi! Thank you for your interest! I have enabled this feature on your account and sent an email with instructions on how to get started! 

Message 20 of 288

I would be VERY interested in doing some beta testing.  FYI I sell meat by the pound and propane by the gallon and tenths of a gallon. I am using Square Register on IOS.

Message 21 of 288