x
Super Seller

Delivery suggestion for “Minimum Orders”

Greetings,

I have a suggestion for delivery orders through the online store.  You currently have a “Minimum Order” setting that allows us two options — to have a minimum order amount for delivery, or not.  I’d like to see a third option.

This option would be to have no order minimum, but rather to charge a “small order” fee.  Any order amount less than the minimum specified would receive this fee.  I’d rather not restrict orders to a minimum size, since this discourages people from ordering.  But since I am doing flat delivery fees to my customers, I’d rather not have to eat higher delivery fees for small orders, for obvious reasons.  If customers can see that small orders cost more, and they are given the option to increase them before placing the order, it is better for all of us, I think.  Besides, it makes the good point that small orders are expensive for everyone.

Thanks,

Chip

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

@TheRealChipA thank you so much for sharing this. I hear you - having this feature may save some sellers time and stress in regards to fees for smaller orders. I will share this feedback with our Development Team!

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2