x

Differnt Fee's

HI There,

looking Through My Square reports email, I am noticing I am being charged fee percentage That are more than what square told me, They told me 2.6 +10cents for swiped and if the card is Manually put in than It's 3.5 + 10 cents. as I am looking at the square reports email, I am being charge way more for example I had swiped a card for $25.00 and the report tells me they charged me 4.01 fee. another transaction was over 300.00 swiped and they charged me 3.6 fee. 

any Idea why this is different than what they told me. when I email them it takes Days before they reply. so I thought I would ask here.

Thank you for any help!

Annie~

Message 1 of 7
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Annie2018 I'll chime in too, the daily report will also show an "Effective Fee" rate that is the swipe fee plus the % fee.  There is no manual 3.5 + .10 fee.  The manual fee is 3.5% + .15c.

"The Square standard processing fee is 2.6% + 10¢ for contactless payments, swiped or inserted chip cards, and swiped magstripe cards. Payments that are manually keyed-in, processed using Card on File, or manually entered using Virtual Terminal have a 3.5% + 15¢ fee. Invoices cost 2.9% + 30¢ or 3.5% + 15¢ if processed using Card on File."

A 25.00 swiped transaction costs .65c + .10c = .75c

If the card was manually entered it would be .875c + .15c = .90c

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7

Best Answer

Hi Charlie, I am not sure what is okay to post or not to post so forgive me.

square sends me a daily report with each transaction in my email. when I check it

It was for a swipe for $25 than It said Fee's 1.03 than it said effective fee is 4.12

so I took $25 times it by 4.12 and the amount was $1.03 so I am assuming that is the swipe transaction fee.

but was under the impression it should only be 2.6 +10

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Hello @Annie2018 thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having trouble with this issue. Can you tell me where you are seeing the fees listed? Are you going into your transactions in your dashboard, or in a sales report? If you go into individual transactions for the day, and click on each one, it will bring up a detail on the right side. If you scroll to the bottom you should see the type of transaction and the fees associated with it.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 12.58.12 PM.png

Here is a post explaining a bit more about Square's fees. I hope this helps answer your question.

Message 2 of 7

Best Answer

Hi Charlie, I am not sure what is okay to post or not to post so forgive me.

square sends me a daily report with each transaction in my email. when I check it

It was for a swipe for $25 than It said Fee's 1.03 than it said effective fee is 4.12

so I took $25 times it by 4.12 and the amount was $1.03 so I am assuming that is the swipe transaction fee.

but was under the impression it should only be 2.6 +10

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@Annie2018 ;

Are you sure this was a swiped transaction?

The $1.03 would be very close to a manually entered amount at 3.5% + the per transaction fee of .15 cents.

25* .035 = .875 plus .15 is equal to  $1.025  rounded up is $1.03

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Candlestore 

Thank you for your input.

we got it figured out!! I appreciate all who chimed in 🙂

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Annie2018 I'll chime in too, the daily report will also show an "Effective Fee" rate that is the swipe fee plus the % fee.  There is no manual 3.5 + .10 fee.  The manual fee is 3.5% + .15c.

"The Square standard processing fee is 2.6% + 10¢ for contactless payments, swiped or inserted chip cards, and swiped magstripe cards. Payments that are manually keyed-in, processed using Card on File, or manually entered using Virtual Terminal have a 3.5% + 15¢ fee. Invoices cost 2.9% + 30¢ or 3.5% + 15¢ if processed using Card on File."

A 25.00 swiped transaction costs .65c + .10c = .75c

If the card was manually entered it would be .875c + .15c = .90c

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Annie2018,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry about any confusion!

I would definitely take further look at the posts from Donnie-M & HC_Charlie. But if you continue to have issues go ahead and reach out to Direct Support. 

Since we cannot discuss account specific through this platform, it is best to contact support via phone. You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000. 

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7