x

Discounts for quantity ordered

i would like to set a discount structure when customers purchase on line.

discount to be specific to item for example purchase 10 or more (of the same item) and receive 10% discount, order 20 or more for 20% discount.  is this feature available.

i have read through various threads and whilst this was listed as available option, i am unable to locate it under site items

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3955-create-and-manage-discounts#c99f70ff2b4d159f0c797cecddc...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CCIptyltd,

Thank you for reaching out 👋

At this time, quantity based discounts are only available in the Square Point of Sale, but not for Square Online. The option to sync discounts across the Point of Sale Dashboard, and Square Online is currently a feature request with our product team. 

If you'd like to create this discount for customers purchasing through the Point of Sale:

1. Go to your Square Dashboard  > Items > Discounts

2. Click Create Discount and enter the discount amount and name

3. Next, turn on Discount Rules under Automatic Discount and select Quantity 

4. From here you can set up the discount rules, e.g how may items need to be purchased in order for the discount to apply. 

5. Save. 

A workaround that comes to mind for offering a discount for bulk purchases online would be creating an separate item and naming it in a way that explains the discount, e.g "buy 10 boxes for 10% off". Unfortunately, this isn't the most elegant solution as you wouldn't be able to track individual stock sold. 

Hopefully we can share an update on discounts syncing between the Online Store and Point of Sale in the future! Please let us know if you have any other questions, or feedback about discounts 😊 

Message 2 of 8

Thanks i managed to figure our for POS. 
amazing that the website can go as far as showing stock levels to encourage sales/not missing out but not discounts to encourage bigger orders 😞

Message 3 of 8

@CCIptyltd, I understand your frustration. We'll be sure to notify you here of any changes to how discounts work in the Online store! 

Message 4 of 8

Hi Arie, I concur,  would be great to have a feature in the online store to encourage bigger order and not have to rely on customers to enter a discount code upon checkout.  The shopping cart should be able to to automatically calculate a discount based on a quantity.  Hopefully this will be a feature in the future.  

Message 5 of 8

Same here, looking for this feature too. I'm surprised pos discounts don't transfer across, it was almost a perfect system between the two until the discounts. I don't want customers ordering online in que missing out on discounts the pos has. Coupons are lacking in options too so they're no help either

Message 6 of 8

We hear you, @Mttindustries, and can see how having discounts sync across between the Point of Sale, and Square Online would be helpful. We'll let you know about any updates to this feature request here.

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Message 7 of 8

I must say that the biggest flaw with the Square  is that stock count does not change until payment on an invoice is made. Very poor logic 😞 

raised multiple times by various peope but no action taken.

Message 8 of 8