x

Disputes with Square

The title of this post has been updated from: "BEWARE of Square handle your dispute case. STAY AWAY..."

- After email an online invoice for my customer to make the payment.

- Two months later. The customer raise a case to their bank. Saying he "not aware of this charge".

- I challenge this case and submit all our emails conversation and documents.

- Two days later they (Square) closed my case and said I accept the refund.

- I rang in immediately. The lady said someone accidentally click/select the wrong option.  Said they will revise immediately and chech back the system in an hrs. 

- After a day later.  Nothing has been done. The system still said I accept the refund.

- Seems to me there is problem with the system itself and which need to recitify with it IT department. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hi @vetrovivo, and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I'll need some time to look into your case, but rest assured I'll have a member of our team reach out to you shortly with an explanation and resolution to your case.

I'm truly sorry that things haven't been so clear for you so far, but I'll be back in touch with some more information for you.

Message 2 of 6

Hi Chris,

Thank you.  

Awaiting for an update.  via email/call. 

Have a nice day.

Message 3 of 6

I dunno, I think it is a little overreactive to immediately suggest Square is fraudulent and so on after a single (unclear) transaction. I found it a bit tricky to get set up and made a few errors but once I started to get the swing on it the whole Square thing has been excellent and any interactions with staff have been nothing but good.

I am seeing Square more and more in different outlets and I always ask what they think and the reponse has been 100% positive.

So hang in there and get to know the quirks of setting things up, especially for online and email invoices and so on. From my experience people somewhat ignore the emailed invices longer than they should. I am dealing with 95% recurring invoices so as long as I get their card details and fashion the reminders to be friendly I haven't had a problem.

Message 4 of 6

Good to know you have not encounter any problem, not now and hope not in future. 

Perhpas it is not your money and you have not yet come accross  of what I have encoutered.  Yes I do agree I somehow overreact at first instance, however after talking to ChrisAU things get clear up in the end.  Now just waiting for my customer bank verify this transaction.   

Yes I do agree majority of customer services is very good in terms of reponses, especially ChrisAU.  Fortunately, There is still a problem (for my case) with the IT system itself and which i do not need explain in depth.  If you do encounter later on, which I belive you will know what I mean. 

All the best with your business and have a nice day. 

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the reply. 🙂 I have had quite a few problems but perhaps not the same as yours, true. So far so good. 🙂

Message 6 of 6