x

How can I remove GST from my reports?

The title of this thread has been edited for clarity from the original: Do all sales have gst added to them? I dont want it added but it was. 
How do i get gst removed from a sale i did yesterday? I didn't want it taken?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey Blondie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can't actually edit a transaction once it has been completed, however you can edit your tax settings from your online dashboard to turn off GST for future transactions.

Square doesn't actually take GST, so your deposit will remain the same. We do highlight an after-GST amount on your sales report for tracking purposes if GST is turned on. We don't collect tax though so the GST amount will still go to your bank account. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey Blondie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can't actually edit a transaction once it has been completed, however you can edit your tax settings from your online dashboard to turn off GST for future transactions.

Square doesn't actually take GST, so your deposit will remain the same. We do highlight an after-GST amount on your sales report for tracking purposes if GST is turned on. We don't collect tax though so the GST amount will still go to your bank account. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

hi everyone

how do i remove on my receipt :no gst has been charged " when it has 

cheers george  

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @gspy,

Thanks for writing in to the Seller Community!

I've merged your post to this thread about editing your GST settings. Please let us know how you go!

Message 4 of 8

i cant alter the wording or remove it to say gst included 

Message 5 of 8

Is this on receipts you issue via your app, or Square online @gspy? Please also let us know if you've created tax rates for your items yet. 

Message 6 of 8

How to remove GST on square reports as I sell only fruits and vegetables

Message 7 of 8

Hello @jefaiscomment44,

Thanks for reaching out about this question! I've merged your question to this thread, where someone else had the same question - find instructions on how to disable GST in the post marked as "best answer". We merge posts to make finding answers in the Seller Community easier. 

Message 8 of 8