x

Dock for the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader

The Dock for the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader is the worst design I have ever had to deal with.

I bought the dock because I am a vendor at craft shows and thought the dock would make it easier for me to insert cards without having to pick up reader each time. In this regard it works great.

But it has the recharging USB cord attached and is in the way on my table. It should have been designed to be removable.

Second, since shows are on weekends, the Ipad is not attached during week. I have to take the dock apart each time to press the button to connect. The button is not accessible to check for charging when not attached to Ipad either.

The photos when ordering the dock DO NOT show the USB cord attached. It shows as stand alone which is what I thought I was getting.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sjbrakey - thanks for taking the time to post your feedback here. I understand that this has been highly frustrating for you, and I truly do appreciate you providing extra context along with your feedback. It goes a long way in making our products better and more efficient going forward.

I'm passing your feedback to our Product Engineers now. After taking a look at items description photos in our Online Shop, I would agree - we have room to improve in our digital imagery to ensure that all portions of the dock are visible. 

Again, I want you to know that we hear you. Thanks for your patience as we continue to make our products the best that they can be. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

I agree with the opinions above. 

So I don't have to have inexperienced personnel taking it apart to reconnect, can the dock be left connected to a power source permanently?

Clive

Message 3 of 3