x
Beta Member

Does Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin as a currency option?

I use Square Point of Sale for my restaurant and a few customers have asked if I can accept Bitcoin.  I've seen a few articles stating that the point of sale app will add support sometime soon, but I haven't been able to find out any more about that.

Does Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin?  If not, are there plans to add that support in the near future?  And, if it is available, it needs to be pretty simple so I can train all the staff to use it. 

thanks.

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 109
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can I accept crypto currencies?

Hey @MetaJoe!

Good question. At this time, Square POS does not accept bitcoin or crypto currency payments.

Take a look at the best answer in this thread for a workaround suggestion. 

1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

It is not currently supported directly.  That would be interesting to accept but many people are scared of it as it is a virtual currency that fluctuates wildly sometimes.

You could accept bitcoin payment directly to your Bitcoin wallet and use Square Register and mark it as "other" in the payment field.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 109
108 REPLIES 108
Beta Member

I too would like all 7 of my restaurants to be able to accept bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies as payment. 

Message 106 of 109
Beta Member

We are interested in accepting crypto as a payment option on our Square POS as well.

Message 107 of 109

Square partner Orda is working on some innovative bitcoin and cryptocurrency features for in-store and online payments. I suggest sharing your feedback with them on what will be helpful for your business here!

Orda Success Team
https://www.getorda.com
Message 108 of 109

Premium Asset Recover Tools And Services

Bitcoin private key helps to get the cryptocurrency money with the best recovery tools and get rich in just few days and send money to friends and makes them happy. Bitcoin private key generator. Brainwallet Generator BTC. The key is random and totally valid.

Message 109 of 109