x

Feature Request: Kiosk / Hide Options

Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

252 Comments
Admin

Hey @byuen! This has definitely been a popular feature request for some time. I moved your post over to this thread so you can see some of the workarounds that other sellers have used to get this function.

Thanks for sharing!

I have a cliennt that may be interested as well. Can you pm me 

Hi @gamecoder5 , could you please PM me? I need a solution for a kart track where the customer signs a digital waiver and then either retrieves online booking or creates a new booking and  pays using square hardware. Do you have something like this or any ideas? Thanks

Thank you Jeremy. This is a great work-around. It works!

I will share updates of my experience as I take it live with my customers.

The simplified menu, and playing around with item configurations can help with blocking out parts of the screen.

Square, please make an official addition so that we all have the option to use our POS as a Kiosk.

Can you provide me with details regarding the self ordering mode. 

@gamecoder5 Kiosk app available for Canada? If so I am interested 

Square Community Moderator

Hey! Welcome to the Seller Community! This is a great question, and a very popular feature request that we are still tracking, but we do offer a few workarounds. I've merged your post with an existing thread that may have some answers for you.

1: We offer an app integration with Flash Order that will allow you to have a "self checkout" screen for people to make donations. 

2: You can also use guided access to help! Check out Jeremy's Post for the details. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂

Was interested in the software you built!

Hi @gamecoder5 interested in hearing more about your self serve kiosk.

We are in the process of setting up a stand for take out only. We are looking to see if Square offers a Kiosk type set up, where the customer after ordering can also pay at the Kiosk and either print, email or text a receipt to themselves, thus reliving having to have an employee man a window?